Wine on board?

nancyannp

Does the corkage fee apply only to the restaurants? If you want to keep a bottle in your room, do you still need to pay the fee?

Either way, do we carry it in our checked bag or carry-on? Seems like a dumb question I know, but Carnival allows only one bottle and it has to be in your carry on only. (Or maybe it's the other way around. I can't remember.) :)

Does the corkage fee apply only to the restaurants? If you want to keep a bottle in your room, do you still need to pay the fee?

Either way, do we carry it in our checked bag or carry-on? Seems like a dumb question I know, but Carnival allows only one bottle and it has to be in your carry on only. (Or maybe it's the other way around. I can't remember.) :)

You should carry on the bottles. They are counted as you pass through security to board the ship. You pay the fee no matter where you drink it. If you put them in your checked luggage, your bags will be held and you will have to go to a special room after boarding to pay the fee and get your bags.

You can drink the wine anywhere. You can carry the bottle with you into restaurants if you like. You can drink it in your cabin too if you like.

The fee will show up on your onboard account on day 2 or 3 of your cruise and will show up as a bar charge or sometimes a restaurant charge.

As MeHeartCruising explained, it is very easy to carry the wine on. In Miami you pay the corkage after you clear the metal detectors, before you get on line to set up your sign & sail account.

It's a p.i.t.a. to check the wine because then your luggage doesn't get delivered. You have to go to the naughty room, stand on another line & then drag your bag back to your cabin.

Not quite sure I understand how you pay the corkage fee in Miami. Is it put on your sign and sail card or do you pay the fee upfront? I am confused si cede have never sailed NCL before.

You will be directed to a "corkage table" where you will be charged the corkage fee (applied to your stateroom account - NOT up front)

just another point: this is only allowed at your "home port".... you can't replenish your stock at another port (you may buy alcohol but it will be collected as you board the ship and given to you the last night of cruise)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

You will be directed to a "corkage table" where you will be charged the corkage fee (applied to your stateroom account - NOT up front)

just another point: this is only allowed at your "home port".... you can't replenish your stock at another port (you may buy alcohol but it will be collected as you board the ship and given to you the last night of cruise)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

This was not the case on our Mediterranean cruise on the Epic. We purchased multiple bottles of wine in nearly every port and paid the corkage fee accordingly. A table was set up on board at every port for just this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not quite sure I understand how you pay the corkage fee in Miami. Is it put on your sign and sail card or do you pay the fee upfront? I am confused si cede have never sailed NCL before.

It's a little weird because you get "charged" the corkage fee before you set up your sign & sail account. You tell them your name & they handwrite a slip, kind of like the paper receipts you get every time you use your sign & sail card. Later the charge shows up as a bar or restaurant charge on your on board account.

It's a little weird because you get "charged" the corkage fee before you set up your sign & sail account. You tell them your name & they handwrite a slip, kind of like the paper receipts you get every time you use your sign & sail card.
I agree it's weird. People could just give them a fake name. They should at least ask to see your e-docs (most people would not go to the effort to falsify those, although it would be very easy to do).