Cruise with Regent Voyager

medicruiselover

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
We have the same question. Now that you've sailed, what's your opinion?

Looked at how many people read your post -- nearly 100 -- and not a single answer.

Too bad no one has ever commented on this thread with experience. We are sailing Regent for the first time in January 2019...curious as to how it is...Wehave done Silversea many times...

Hi there,

I found Seven Seas Voyager not very gay friendly. I don't think I had noticed any gay guys on board ( might be just one pair but not really sure ).

We will be cruising Crystal Serenity on 12 August to France and Spain. Any idea on how gay friendly is Crystal cruises ?

Thanks

Francis

Hi there,

I found Seven Seas Voyager not very gay friendly. I don't think I had noticed any gay guys on board ( might be just one pair but not really sure ).

We will be cruising Crystal Serenity on 12 August to France and Spain. Any idea on how gay friendly is Crystal cruises ?

Thanks

Francis

There’s a difference between not gay friendly and no gays on board....Did you find people not friendly towards you or you just didn’t notice any other gays?

We are trying Crystal next year...the Symphony....

Hi

Actually a bit of both, not very gay friendly does not mean people are rude to you, you just feel it, by way of little gesture, eye contact from people, not necessarily from the crew.

May be I am over sensitive but I don’t get this feeling from Celebrity, Seabourn or Oceania. I hope I am wrong but what is certain is really few gay passengers on that particular voyage if any at all:)

Francis

• 2 months later...

Regnet, SilverSea, SeaDream, Seabourn have all been very welcoming to us. People onboard tend to be more to themselves as there are less onboard social activities. When we do things that promote social interaction, like an excursion, trivia, or cooking class etc, we have met some very nice people.

There was the one time when we decided we really wanted another meal in the French Restaurant onboard one of the ships and decided to sit at a large shared table. Turns out the other 3 or 4 couples at the table were all onboard with a conservative radio talk show host similar to Rush. There were a few uncomfortable pauses in the conversation, but it was all we could do to keep from laughing out loud at the situation. Even then, nobody was rude.

If you're looking for a gay party, these aren't the lines for you. The ships tend to be more quiet and reserved.

If you don't encounter any other gay couples, you're likely to meet some of the crew who are gay.

Hope this helps.