Richard Joseph

Pam in CA

See Rich. A lot of people care about you! (Now I can quit searching the Celebrity cruise schedule!)

However, you have to promise that as ED you will get out from that office and mingle with us on a regular basis!

Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I hereby do solemnly swear.... seriously though... YES I very much plan to be around quite a bit, particularly in the evenings - I don't see this new position as being office locked 24/7 and to truly get the vibe of a cruise and see how your scheduling is working - it will be imperative to be "out & about".

Hope to sail with you soon - come down under!

All the best!

Rich

I'm late to the party here, but yes, Rich, you are the best, for all the reasons mentioned.

Which brings up the question of why other CDs, regardless of their personalities, don't at least force themselves to get out and relate to passengers more often instead of disappearing between appearances at Princess Theater shows. I know they're busy, but...

I loved working for Celebrity in the day, no one treats their crew like Princess, and I am certain when I finally do leave Princess, it will be the end of the sea-going side of my career. PLUS I WOULD'NT GET TO SEE ALL MY GREAT FRIENDS LIKE YOU AND SO MANY MORE!!! I am staying put and as we say in New England..... am WICKED PSYCHED for my new role as Entertainment Director. All the best for an amazing 2017! Rich

Maybe I am not reading those posts correctly, but wanted to know . . . what Rich's schedule and duties will be in late February and early March?? Getting ready for our first cruise with Princess on the Island P. in late February from Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco through the Panama Canal. Any chance CD or ED Richard Joseph will be on our ship in early March? Other insights and tips for Princess newbies?

THANKS for the follow-up and info! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 166,788 views for this posting.

• 4 years later...

Richard, not sure you will see this, guessing you won’t, but you are the reason I have become an avid cruiser.  My first ever cruise was on Island Princess, December 2004, To Hawaii. Loved meeting you, talking with you and your crew made me fall in love with cruising and Princess. We got engaged on that cruise, Married on Caribbean Princess in 7/27/06, and participated in the Guinness World Record Redding Renewal last year on Regal Princess just before the pandemic. Not a stalker, but always looked for your schedule if we lucked out on our cruise.  Just booked Majestic July 25 to Alaska. Thank you again.

Andy Talbert

AC9135D3-158E-4C7F-A0B3-6BF1FCE94CEA.jpeg

Edited by MortySails
Spelling

• 10 months later...