Looking for hotels NJ side.......

Jim95

I'm debating on how I'm going to travel up to NY for this trip. Take Amtrak up from Baltimore the morning of the cruise, or drive up the day before. I've heard that some hotels let you park there while your on the cruise does anyone have a recommendation.

Jim95

Every time we've cruised from NYC, we have gone up the day before and stayed at a Holiday Inn in Seacaucus NJ. Pretty sure the last time, it was literally across the street from the Jets/Giants stadium. We haven't done the cruise & park though as we drive to port and leave the car there although it is crazy expensive to park in NYC.

I have read that the Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield park in New Jersey has a sleep, park, cruise special. It includes breakfast and shuttle to and from the pier.

We are going to try that for our upcoming June cruise.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden in Ridgefield for our cruise last September. It worked out great. Hotel is good and transportation to and from port worked out well. It cost about the same (maybe even a little less ) to stay there than it would have to park at the port for the week.

We've now tried three different options. We took car service once, we drove once and parked at pier and we stayed at Hilton Garden Inn once. From now on, we will alway stay there on their stay, park and cruise package. Highly recommend.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden in Ridgefield for our cruise last September. It worked out great. Hotel is good and transportation to and from port worked out well. It cost about the same (maybe even a little less ) to stay there than it would have to park at the port for the week.

We've now tried three different options. We took car service once, we drove once and parked at pier and we stayed at Hilton Garden Inn once. From now on, we will alway stay there on their stay, park and cruise package. Highly recommend.

That's great to hear. Will definitely be staying there for our cruise!

I was on the Anthem in September, and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Edgewater. They would have let me leave my car there for free...but I was spending a night after the cruise as well. This was a good location since we also spent a day in NY

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by lor74

You can also check out megabus. It's cheaper than a train and drops you off within a very close cab ride to the pier. Plus you can park at the megabus stop for free (it is the white marsh park and ride).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had looked at staying in Jersey City at the Marriott Courtyard / Newport, which has the Path train station right next to it. IIRC, the Path train lets you disembark at Central Station and then it's a short cab ride to the port.

(We didn't do this as a family member lent us their apartment over near Columbus Circle, so we just walked to the pier).

There is a Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park that will let you park and will shuttle you to and from the terminal. It's about 250 per night but it's way cheaper than parking at the terminal.

Personally I'd take Amtrak up early on the day before right into penn station and look for a well priced hotel in Manhattan and enjoy!!

You said you could drive up the day before anyway

Do the math and see if an overnight in NYC makes sense

I checked this out and yep.....got a good deal on the hotel now so will go up the day before.......

Jim

I checked this out and yep.....got a good deal on the hotel now so will go up the day before.......

Jim

Wow so glad this helped you!!!

NYC hotels are not always out of reach financially

And as an added benefit for you at debark....all you need to do is get to penn

No need to wait around and locate the shuttle to a Jersey hotel

Hint....when you debark....do not follow the crowd to the taxi stand....just take the elevator back up to the pax drop off area...it will not be crowded....but you will find a taxi ....they are dropping off the new pax so they can just pick you up!!!

Another benefit....the taxi is already in the direction to drive southbound ...where Penn station is. Lol