Carnival Pride vs Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas for kids opinions please

Alh1978

We are finally after much research down to two cruises. My husband and I have only sailed on one Carnival cruise and found there to be a lot of crowds and drinking but we chalked this up to spring break. This is going to be our first cruise with the kids. They are 6 and 9. I hope to hear from those who have cruised both Pride and oasis. My first concern is crowds. My kids are very well behaved quiet shy children and they are my focus for the cruise. I want them to have fun without being trampled on by thousands of other little kids. I have never been on Royal and was wondering about it being too crowded for them on that big big ship. Also they love pizza and Mac.nothing fancy. Any input would be soooo appreciated!! Going early May

Edited by Alh1978

I haven't been on the Pride, but we've been on the Breeze on Carnival, Independence and Oasis on Royal. I definitely recommend Oasis. My daughter is 4, so a little younger, but she loved the pools, shows, adventure ocean, carousel, etc... she also loved sorrentos pizza! I know the Oasis is huge, but other than embarkation day, it seemed way less crowded than the carnival ships we have been on. I think overall, it's more space per person. Either way, your kids will have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are looking for a cruise with fewer children, you should consider sailing during the school year or on longer, more exotic cruises. The disney kids clubs have a very wide age range, and therefore are less structured than the other lines.