Healthy Eating- Allure of the Seas

Solarium and Vitality Cafes are supposed to be the lighter fare.

Yes... for breakfast they have wonderful Turkey Sausage and other healthy things. Yuck

Our experience, never a crowd.

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Edited by troykahack

Yes... for breakfast they have wonderful Turkey Sausage and other healthy things. Yuck

The one offering.... tuckey bacon.... in there that I will NEVER touch again!:eek:

Edited by Ocean Boy

I've never tried tuckey bacon - I don't think it's available in Canada :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is in Ottawa and we used to buy it in Halifax too. Have you asked at your grocery store? Maple Leaf is one of the producers, so I'd think it was available Canada-wide.

Edited to say ignore the detractors! :)

Edited by Fouremco

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

LOL.....two words you never want to see together "turkey and sausage" I mean seriously, Why ruin sausage

Edited by IRcruisin

Solarium and Vitality Cafes are supposed to be the lighter fare.

Was there last week, this is True, but not great. We found solarium was merely the healthier stuff from windjammer. Not as crowded usually.

For really healthy juice bar in the spa. But you have to get the $8 hand made juice. The others are made with bar mixers, and was told they have a ton of sugar.

For real food, Coastal Kitchen was the best healthy breakfast, but I know not everyone can go there.

Lunch Giovanni's has a arugula salad, very nice very healthy. 150 has a couple of amazing healthy options a beet and quinoa salad was the best.

I agree on the super healthy eating on vacation, but adding some in really helps.

All in all Allure agrees, they don't have very many for you.

In general, plenty of healthy foods are available on cruises, but most of us don't tend to make the healthiest of choices.

On the other hand, it's your vacation. If you eat healthy foods most of the time at home, a week of splurges isn't going to be a make-or-break.

Personally, I'm small and cannot eat anywhere near what's offered. I tend to aim for a "balance" through the following choices:

- I eat some fruit with breakfast every morning

- I try to make lunch and dinner 50% or more salad or other vegetable (I can have all I want, just half of it has to be vegetable)

- I skip the bread basket at dinner (it's nothing special anyway)

- I drink a glass of water with every meal ... only then can I have a glass of something else

That still leaves plenty of delicious food, including dessert and drinks.

So I have been reading a lot of posts about how amazing the food is on the allure. I was wondering, what restaurants have the healthiest options? It's hard for me to find sample menus online (maybe i'm not looking hard enough?)

Thank you!:cool:

Reading this again, it depends what you mean by healthy. If like most posters here it is defined as fruits and veggies, you will be fine. If you have a "dark side" diet. Where you eat, organic, farm to table, ultra healthy all the time, you are going to struggle.

If you are one of those, like me, then nearly the entire week is a splurge which can make you ill or at best lethargic. We did okay, but I'll give you an example, at chops, if you are a vegetarian you get just the side dishes. That is straight from the 1990's. if you eat fish, luckily I do, good luck getting it not doused in butter.

Mainline Cruises are not about ultra healthy, but we personally found the food stuck in the 80's and 90's. no new avant-garde techniques, the ingredients are not the star here.

I realize this may be offensive, not intended to be, but if you want really healthy you will have to put some effort into it.