Past Zenith Cruisers

charlielinda

I just returned from an awesome 14-day cruise on the Summit (third time) and have been on the Galaxy.

We booked a 14-day cruise on the Zenith for November of 2006 which was such a good deal we couldn't resist. We booked a ZS cabin.

The cruise is port intensive and it seems we'll be off the ship a great deal during th day . . .

My question is . . . how is the Zenith. I have read so many mixed reviews. We are aware that it's an older and smaller ship but are mainly concerned about . . .

getting great service and having a relaxing vacation and meeting nice people. Do you think we'll find that?

P.S. -- Heather you have to convince Ray to smoke his pipe in an outside public area and join us for this cruise!

I think you will definitely find what you are looking for.

We sailed on Zenith 2x this past summer. We returned because we found the service so phenomenal and because it was the most relaxing vacation we had in years. Of course our cruise was 7 days each time and we were in Bermuda for 3.5 days each time. The ship was in good condition. There were small blemishes but I could overlook them (worn rugs in some places, worn bedspreads) and they did not diminish our wonderful experience. Zenith has just come from drydock and we are waiting for a report as to what was done.

The service was top-notch from boarding to disembarking. Our waiters were great. Professional, warm, efficient, fun, interesting and just wonderful people. We made friends not only with our assigned dinner waiters but many others during open breakfast and open lunch seating. Our maitre'd Jose on the last cruise was very helpful as well.

Our cabin stewards both times were very efficient. Our cabin was kept very clean and we hardly ever saw them. Any special requests were handled immediately.

Zenith is not huge (as you know) but there is enough to do if you want to or you can do nothing and lay around the pool or read in a quiet nook somewhere. Very relaxing. I think you will enjoy Zenith very much. BTW, what is your itinerary like?

Hi,:) I am going on Zenith for the first time In February.

I have been on both C and M Class ships but this will be my first

"really small sailing";) less than 50,000 tons is different than

70 and 90.

But I am sure I will have a wonderful time. Celebrity has been my

cruiseline of choice for the past 2.5 years.

I know there have been quite of few negative threads about the

line lately but I am happy with the product and will continue to sail

them.

I will be glad to post a review upon returning.

Unless something drastic has happened, Zenith is just a jewel. More intimate than the larger ship, we received outstanding service on both of our Zenith trips.

One of the things that made the trips for us was the obvious pride and professionalism that the crew showed in all aspects of our trip: from our Cabin Steward and Waiter, to the anomymous maintenance man who fixed a lightbulb one night.

Just a wonderful cruise, thank you , Zenith!

I just returned from an awesome 14-day cruise on the Summit (third time) and have been on the Galaxy.

We booked a 14-day cruise on the Zenith for November of 2006 which was such a good deal we couldn't resist. We booked a ZS cabin

OK how good a deal and where can I sign up??? I LOVE the Zenith!!!!

We did a 14 night on the Zenith two years ago and it was so awesome. Taking a 7 night next month and not sure if I will like such a short cruise after taking the 14 night.

We booked a 14-day cruise on the Zenith for November of 2006 which was such a good deal we couldn't resist. We booked a ZS cabin

OK how good a deal and where can I sign up??? I LOVE the Zenith!!!!

We did a 14 night on the Zenith two years ago and it was so awesome. Taking a 7 night next month and not sure if I will like such a short cruise after taking the 14 night.

A buddy of mine is going on 11/6/06. (I'm guessing that's the one referred to). She's got an outside cabin for about 1,000 bucks per person. When I priced it, it had jumped up to 1,300+. I'm now eying up a later 11-day cruise.

It's 14 days and super ports and sea days -- some we love and some we've never been to. We got a ZS for $4400 total which comes out to $157 per day. If you get a regular cabin it's even more of reasonable. We priced the Hawaii cruise on the Summit for the same time period and it would have been nearly double. We're excited to try a different ship.

Thanks for your opinions on the Zenith!

My co-worker just booked a 7 night on April 13 for 1885 total for four people. I have been reading the reviews for the Zenith for her and it sounds like a great ship. It's her first cruise and since I recommended that she cruise, I hope she is not disappointed at all!

Pam

• 2 months later...

Believe us, you won't be sorry for booking the Zenith. We are signed up for the 14 niter in November (it will be our 3rd on the Zenith).

Plus while scouting the Celebrity website, we found an 11 niter in March, 2007 we signed up for.

We feel if something better comes along, we can always cancel or transfer our reservation. Meanwhile, we're locking in the low prices.

See you in November!!!

Wes & Pat

Archived