Altun Ha ship(Carny) or private tour?

drgonzogoo

Good afternoon, I want to take a survey. We will be on Carnival Magic in April with a stop in Belize. We want to do Altun Ha and have seen some good reviews for Reg's tours. So my questions are: Has anyone had any issues with returning "close" to all-aboard? Basically, we want to do some ruins without all the extra upselling and wasting time. Still a little apprehensive about doing an non-ship excursion so far from port. Also, any other recommendations are appreciated.

Not sure of the hours, but last year on NCL we were in port from 0900-1700 and had no problems getting back on time using a private tour - was about a 45 minute drive to Altun Ha. There were 8 in our group so we did a private tour through Belize Exotic Adventures and we were able to do some more sightseeing and lunch at a local restaurant too. And I also highly recommend them, take a look at them on TripAdvisor, was the best private tour I've done.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Magic. We booked with a tour company called Way to go Tours. http://www.waytogotoursbelize.com Waylon is the owner and he was great to work with. His dad was our tour guide and he was so knowledgeable and even climbed the ruins with my husband and a few other guys to make sure they were safe. We did a city tour and the rum factory which is not worth the time. You have the driver for the whole day and he will take you where ever you want to go. I would use them again in a heart beat. We had plenty of time and were never rushed.