Strawberry Bisque

Dalebr

The last two times I cruised, on the Breeze and Magic, they no longer served strawberry bisque. This was always one of the things I looked forward to on the cruise. We are sailing on the Freedom in a few weeks. Does any know if the Freedom is serving strawberry bisque?

Strawberry bisque was on the old menu. Most ships have changed over to the American Table. American Table does not have strawberry bisque and yes the Freedom switched to AT in February of 2015.

I was on the Dream in October and it had the American Table menu and I'm almost positive they served the Strawberry bisque.

we had it on Valor last month and it was so good I took a picture.

66m8uu.jpg

I sure hope it stays! One of the best things I ever put in my mouth.

From your photo is must be on elegant night. That would be why I missed it. We go to the steakhouse that night. I removed my original post to decrease confusion.

Edited by springs741

So I just went to zydecruisers website to see what was listed. He had the Freedom 7 day AT menu and Strawberry Bisque wasn't listed from what I could see which surprised me so I guess it's ship specific? And yes I see from the picture above that it's an Elegant night but on ships I've been on last year it's been the first night in the MDR so it doesn't seem to be consistent like it used to be with the old menus.

My son LOVES strawberry soup! We are just off the Conquest 8 Day and they did not serve it. They had mango and bing cherry and maybe peach, but no strawberry. All delicious by the way.

I told him I would make it for him this week. We returned home on Sunday and he has already asked for it twice. I guess I better hop to it. :-)

The strawberry is my son's favorite! On the night that it is served, I always ask our server if they will see if the chef can arrange it so that my son can have it every night for his appetizer. Normally they are more than happy to oblige and some nights he has it for dessert as well. I told you he loved it!

• 3 months later...
The last two times I cruised, on the Breeze and Magic, they no longer served strawberry bisque. This was always one of the things I looked forward to on the cruise. We are sailing on the Freedom in a few weeks. Does any know if the Freedom is serving strawberry bisque?

Yes, just got off the Vista 8 day cruise 4/8-4/16. They had strawberry, then peach, then mango. All relish.