Take Uber or Lift from LGB

popomama

Hi,

I plan to take Uber or Lift from LGB airport to San Pedro port for our Princess cruise.

Someone mentioned I have to go off the airport property in order to get Uber. Can anyone tell me where I exactly to go for the Uber service?

Thanks.

Hi,

I plan to take Uber or Lift from LGB airport to San Pedro port for our Princess cruise.

Someone mentioned I have to go off the airport property in order to get Uber. Can anyone tell me where I exactly to go for the Uber service?

Thanks.

A simple google search revealed this: Your driver will arrive curbside at baggage claim. Hop in and get to your final destination in style with UberBLACK, UberSUV, or UberLUX. Note: uberX is not yet an option when requesting pickups at LGB.

I'm researching options myself. Uber says UberX is not available at LGB. Making Uber more expensive than a taxi. It does say pickup at Cell Phone waiting lot is available for UberX. Not sure if Cell phone lot is a walkable distance with luggage.

Edited by Dennisja

I'm researching options myself. Uber says UberX is not available at LGB. Making Uber more expensive than a taxi. It does say pickup at Cell Phone waiting lot is available for UberX. Not sure if Cell phone lot is a walkable distance with luggage.

The cell phone waiting lot is about a half mile from the airport on the north side of Wardlow and east of Lakewood Blvd. I don't see how a taxi would be less expensive than Uber even if you had to take a UberXL. The taxi would cost you well over $50.00

UberXL is not available shows only Black, SUV and LUX. UberBlack quote was $66-87. Cab is $45 flat rate. I did some more research as you mentioned Uber drivers will pick you up at cell phone waiting lot. It's short walk according to others that have done it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

For some airports that have flat rates into the city nearby, it is easier to just get a taxi from the taxi stand than to call Uber and meet them at the designated spot.

You don't always save money using Uber or Lyft.

Each city is different.

UberXL is not available shows only Black, SUV and LUX. UberBlack quote was $66-87. Cab is $45 flat rate. I did some more research as you mentioned Uber drivers will pick you up at cell phone waiting lot. It's short walk according to others that have done it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

As I mentioned earlier, the LGB cell phone lot is approximately a half mile from the LGB baggage area. You can access the lot by walking east on Donald Douglas Drive to Lakewood Blvd., and the cell phone lot is on the north/east corner of Wardlow and Lakewood Blvd.. It backs up to the Skylinks golf course. If you have a lot of luggage, it might not be an easy walk.:)