Questions about Chef's Table

MJSailors

It's possible to do it yourself, from what I've been told there needs to be a minimum of 9 people to do the chefs table.

With the allergy issue it must depend on the allergy as one person from our party had a mushroom allergy and they accommodated her.

We have just done one on the Regal, very special evening.

We donned our white coats and walked through the main dining room on the way to the galley. We looked like either doctors or environmental health inspectors. I felt very important.

As I walked through I cheekily greeted some diners nodding "evening", as if I was a VIP. They were all inquisitive, and I was so tempted to say, in a back handed whisper comment to a diner "...and don't eat the chicken" ;)

We have just done one on the Regal, very special evening.

We donned our white coats and walked through the main dining room on the way to the galley. We looked like either doctors or environmental health inspectors. I felt very important.

As I walked through I cheekily greeted some diners nodding "evening", as if I was a VIP. They were all inquisitive, and I was so tempted to say, in a back handed whisper comment to a diner "...and don't eat the chicken" ;)

So did Princess provide you with a hair net, and cover ups for your shoes as well? :confused:

And, did you feel privileged, like one of the Royals looking down at the common folk, as you waved your hand in greeting, strutting through the dining room? Must have been some spectacle! Yes? :cool::eek:

Thanks for sharing.. sounds like you had a memorable experience. ;)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

So did Princess provide you with a hair net, and cover ups for your shoes as well? :confused:

And, did you feel privileged, like one of the Royals looking down at the common folk, as you waved your hand in greeting, strutting through the dining room? Must have been some spectacle! Yes? :cool::eek:

Thanks for sharing.. sounds like you had a memorable experience. ;)

No hair nets given, I wore smart type closed shoes (as I would for a nice restaurant) as did many others. Didn't notice everyone's foot wear to be honest, but most people dressed in a smart/casual way.

I felt very privileged that I was able to partake in this special night, yes. Lucky to get a place on the table and lucky to be able to do it.

It is only my dry British humour that made me feel that way walking through the dining room, smiling at people, certainly not in an arrogant way, just a part of my child-like inner self that likes to play the fool on occasion! I know I would be inquisitive looking at people walking across the room, wondering what they were up to, so I played the part!

The waiters and assistant waiters who constantly go into and out of the galley area to get food do not use hairnets or cover ups on their shoes, so why would those participating in the Chef's Table have to?

I would love to take part in a Chefs Table. Do you call the Dine Line when on board or go to the Front Desk. I've previously had trouble getting through on the Dine Line when I've first gotten on board.

Dine Line is suggested or try the front desk. I used the concierge on Regal but I know not everyone nor every ship has access to this, so try both, it can't hurt. It's well worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ian441672

The waiters and assistant waiters who constantly go into and out of the galley area to get food do not use hairnets or cover ups on their shoes, so why would those participating in the Chef's Table have to?
I only said that I was surprised that guests are not required to wear hairnets or hats during the galley visit because the Maitre d' emphasized the difficulty of getting the CDC Vessel Sanitation Program to allow guests in the galley while actual food preparation and serving were going on.

If you visit the galley, you will notice that all of the staff involved in food preparation are wearing hats; the waiters and assistant waiters are not.