Bidding for haven on Escape

cruizecrazygramma

For all of you that got the email offer for the chance to upsell, did you book through a TA or via the NCL website or other... I booked through the website and have been waiting/hoping to receive an email with no luck. We booked in November and sail in two weeks.

I booked through a travel agent.

Booked a group thru TA and all 8 received upgrade email bidding offer.

Not everyone taking advantage. Still pricey especially if you do not receive Haven perks (still to be determined by actual Bid winners)

Upsize from Balcony to Mini Suite not worth it just for a larger bathroom especially if you go from Mid Ship to extreme front or back.

But everyone is different.

I think it's a bonus for the cruise line cause they can actually take highest bidder.

Good question was raised elsewhere... with all these upgrades... will they discount the remaining rooms...

Still a lot of questions ... but it looks good for my bid for a Balcony from OV.

Fingers crossed :)

We placed our bids when we received the initial email about 80 days out from our sail date. Our bid was accepted last night for an H7. Counting down the days until we Escape [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was that Monday night notification for the cruise this weekend?

Thanks. If I had checked the title of this thread I would have realized it was a dumb question to ask which ship. I was curious because I see there are still Havens available for sale on that departure. I would have thought they would have been eaten up by bidders.

Thanks. If I had checked the title of this thread I would have realized it was a dumb question to ask which ship. I was curious because I see there are still Havens available for sale on that departure. I would have thought they would have been eaten up by bidders.

Now in the past hour or so they are now sold out.

We initially booked a midship mini suite and we bid $650 per person on the H6 (AFT) and the H7 (forward) suites. Our bid was in the poor range so we were excited to see it was accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad your offer was accepted but we also are in a mini suite and bid significantly higher than you did for the same categories and ours was not accepted. Clearly it does not go to the highest bidder.

Actually, if you check Cruise Critic's own article from a few days ago, the price you originally paid for your cabin will be factored in:

"Debuting first on Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway and Pride of America on Feb. 8, the system will generate email-based alerts to qualifying booked passengers, based on a number of factors, including how much a particular passenger has already paid and the number of unbooked cabins remaining."

Continuing with this logic, it would makes sense that your bid would already factor in what you paid. A higher bid might fail because you paid less for your cabin.

Just a guess!

I would imagine most bids that are accepted earlier than a week or less from sailing are in or well into the "Fair" range or higher? I've seen some on the boards say they just keep increasing their bid until they get accepted. And then others saying they paid too much if they did that. God forbid they got what they wanted and paid a little more than they had to if they chanced things. lol.

I just bid on a H6 (Aft Penthouse) and H7 (forward penthouse) for our April cruise. I doubt I will get either one, but can those who have stayed in these tell me if our 3rd & 4th guests (our kiddos) will share the sofa bed? I'm assuming there are no pullman beds in these cabins. If anyone has a picture of the Haven rooms with the sofa folded into a bed, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

Not sure if price paid for cabin enters into the equation but who knows. We had a comp'd Ocean View Balcony and upgraded to Mini-Suite for a small upgrade charge. Submitted bid below fair amount on the scale and received Haven upgrade to H6. Notified 6 days before cruise. May depend upon level of bids that are in line to fill your now vacant cabin and so on down the line for all pending bids for the cruise line to maximize income from the pending bids. Just to note I bid on all Haven class cabins that were available just in the off chance I would be accepted for one.

Edited by utwofan
Added more information

Not sure if price paid for cabin enters into the equation but who knows. We had a comp'd Ocean View Balcony and upgraded to Mini-Suite for a small upgrade charge. Submitted bid below fair amount on the scale and received Haven upgrade to H6. Notified 6 days before cruise. May depend upon level of bids that are in line to fill your now vacant cabin and so on down the line for all pending bids for the cruise line to maximize income from the pending bids. Just to note I bid on all Haven class cabins that were available just in the off chance I would be accepted for one.

What ship n sail date. I am anxiously awaiting and have several bids in I am in a comped mini suite spa on Escape in February. I have 2 in low fair category and the rest mid-poor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What ship n sail date. I am anxiously awaiting and have several bids in I am in a comped mini suite spa on Escape in February. I have 2 in low fair category and the rest mid-poor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Feb 4th on Escape. Bid on 4 Haven Suites at below "fair" on the scale. Bid the same amount for each. I don't know what the actual scale reading was since I can't access it now. Not sure if I paid too much but bid on what I thought it was worth for us so happy with the final result.

Hi :) When you guys say you offer $650 each for the upgrade bid, what if you have a child in your room? Would it be 3 x $650? Thanks for any insight!

From the Terms and Conditions of the Upgrade Advantage Program:

8. If your reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the purchase price you accept will be per passenger but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation.

Hope that helps.

From the Terms and Conditions of the Upgrade Advantage Program:

8. If your reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the purchase price you accept will be per passenger but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation.

Hope that helps.

Awesome, thanks so much! :) Is there a link to the Upgrade Advantage program terms and conditions? Thanks!