Cruise blues?

dam64

So we love NCL but the last cruise wasn't our best and a few others in between as well. We have cruised over a dozen times .We have tried another cruise line which I won't name for fear of being bashed but we didn't like it as well. Our last cruise with NCL the food was meh the room steward was also meh all in all we felt the ports were the best part of the cruise. We noticed less and less variety in the buffet as well as main dining rooms. Seems you need to pay extra all the time to get good service like in haven or speciality restaurants. We have been in the haven as well as balcony rooms but we cannot always afford the haven to get the best service. I used to love cruising but now Im not feeling it anymore. Is it time to give it up for a few years? Has anyone else experienced this as well.

I agree and that's why we are doing a 2 week land based in France and Italy in 2017

No rushing back to the ship

No massive pre trip payments other than air

No mediocre food as we will eat in great restaurants and drink well price local wines with no corkage fees. Lol

We are doing 4 days Paris. 5 days Rome. 4 days sorrento. So it's not like we are packing for 1 nighters plus we know to travel light

We will pay for hotels etc once we get to the destination and all are refundable

We will have use of a gorgeous infinity pool and chairs in sorrento so no need to fret not getting pool or sun time.

We will actually be able to enjoy our trip at our own pace and not on ships time

I love cruising but have perhaps overdone it in the last few years plus I don't care for the current med itins and not ready for the Baltic

When cruising makes sense I'll of course do it

Might actually have to take the kids to Bermuda on a cruise in 2018/19 because i have to use up 2 cruise nexts

Or maybe western Carib.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like you have answered your own question. Take a break, try some other things and come back when it will feel all fresh and new. That's what we do anyway. I like to cruise every two to three years and I always try different ships and generally different cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk