From Haven to Inside Cabin????

rinakop

Are we nuts!? My DH and I booked an inside cabin guarantee for BA February 26th. I am getting nervous. Should we at least upgrade to balcony or not. That's the question I keep asking myself.

We weren't planning on going away this year since we bought a second home by the beach in Cape May, NJ (I know, privilege problems,right) October 2016, but at the same time, it's been extremely stressful this past year, on many levels, aside from purchasing our second home.

We always bring the entire family and a major reason for booking the Haven the last 2 times we cruised was to make it less stressful for all. It was. It was the ultimate. Now, since it is just us 2 (hasn't been just us 2 for years) we figured we'd book the inside cabin, never leave the boat if we don't feel like it since we have been on this itinerary a few times and try out an inside cabin.

Are we nuts!? My DH and I booked an inside cabin guarantee for BA February 26th. I am getting nervous. Should we at least upgrade to balcony or not. That's the question I keep asking myself.

We weren't planning on going away this year since we bought a second home by the beach in Cape May, NJ (I know, privilege problems,right) October 2016, but at the same time, it's been extremely stressful this past year, on many levels, aside from purchasing our second home.

We always bring the entire family and a major reason for booking the Haven the last 2 times we cruised was to make it less stressful for all. It was. It was the ultimate. Now, since it is just us 2 (hasn't been just us 2 for years) we figured we'd book the inside cabin, never leave the boat if we don't feel like it since we have been on this itinerary a few times and try out an inside cabin.

we are doing the same thing in a April, going from Haven to Inside - it is going to be a hard transition but at least we get to cruise

You are on the ship and if this is the only way to easily do it next month then I say stay in your inside, especially if it means otherwise not going (which you already past final payment so you are locked in LOL). If you have the extra cash try to do the bidding for an upsell or just upgrade yourself if prices come down. Is this a one week cruise or two? My inlaws are on the Breakaway now for a two week cruise. If a one-week cruise, there won't be much use for a balcony cabin in February from NY, especially if the cruise is just a week.

Enjoy Cape May! We frequent LBI but rent homes there, we don't own.

Have fun whatever you decide!

Edited by js

As much as we loved the Haven on our past 3 cruises it is far too expensive for us right now. I booked an inside for our upcoming cruise but did decide to at least do the cheapest balcony. Have you thought about an oceanview?

I've done it before. Started NCL with Haven and next cruise was inside. I didn't mind at all. The Haven is great but with an inside you have the satisfaction of paying so little and still being provided with a great cruise. You still get excellent service, a very comfortable bed and pillows, a nice shower and the whole ship to explore and take part in. Have fun. We have also done an obstructed ocean view. I could have upgraded to a balcony for the second week for $20. My daughters wouldn't upgrade because they liked the location of the room and the room steward so we stayed put no regrets.

We haven't done the Haven but did an inside for our last cruise after a balcony because the prices on the NE/Eastern Canada cruises were a lot more for ocean view and balcony. It was perfectly fine for us. We don't spend a lot of time there other than sleeping and some reading. There are times I'd rather just save the money for other things.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Privilege?

Nope...hard work and good financial sense and making good life decisions

Don't knock it[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Don't fret over it, once you get on the ship you will be glad you saved some money. We go to Cape May every year since the mid-sixties and the last few years have been staying at the Victorian. That is even getting pretty pricey! Just save some money and enjoy your cruise!

Speaking from my own personal experience, I would suggest upgrading to a balcony. We've always had suites, however in November we decided to extend our vacation to a B2B, so I booked an obstructed ocean view for one week to save money. Never again. I HATED not having my own little space outside to lounge on and enjoy coffee or a good string drink. Or just having somewhere to relax. A smaller cabin I could deal with, not having a balcony, not so much.