Sydney Australia - Accessible Accommodation pre-cruise

MargoK

Hi all

Our 'go to hotel' in Sydney is no more (Menzies) as it is closed due to the redevelopment of Wynyard Station.

Have been trawling through websites to find reasonable accommodation which provided rooms with roll-in showers.

Totally irritated by the lack of information on very hotel site I have looked at so now I am asking for help for suitable accommodation used from others.

Hi Margo,

Not sure about Sydney myself - but if you don't have any luck here, maybe ask havewheelchairwilltravel.net (if you're on Facebook, they've a page there as well) - the family are from Sydney so might know themselves, otherwise I'm sure someone following their FB would.

Laura

Suggest you check out the hotels listed in this link http://www.easyaccessaustralia.com.au/sydney/

Click on each hotel . When the page for the hotel you can click on links just below the name of the hotel to see actual photos Accessible Room as well as the Accessible bathroom. There's a lot of detail included that you'll find very helpful .

Edited by xxoocruiser

Hi all

Our 'go to hotel' in Sydney is no more (Menzies) as it is closed due to the redevelopment of Wynyard Station.

Have been trawling through websites to find reasonable accommodation which provided rooms with roll-in showers.

Totally irritated by the lack of information on very hotel site I have looked at so now I am asking for help for suitable accommodation used from others.

Holiday inn The Rocks certainly has some, had an accessible room there in December.

Suggest you check out the hotels listed in this link http://www.easyaccessaustralia.com.au/sydney/

Click on each hotel . When the page for the hotel you can click on links just below the name of the hotel to see actual photos Accessible Room as well as the Accessible bathroom. There's a lot of detail included that you'll find very helpful .

Thanks very much.

I have booked a room at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour. Price was reasonable and it is just one night. Some hotels were over $300 which seemed a bit high. Hope we don't regret!

Next I need to arrange a Wheelchair taxis airport to hotel then hotel to port. Is Sydney as easy to find a maxi tacit like Melbourne?

Thanks very much.

I have booked a room at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour. Price was reasonable and it is just one night. Some hotels were over $300 which seemed a bit high. Hope we don't regret!

Next I need to arrange a Wheelchair taxis airport to hotel then hotel to port. Is Sydney as easy to find a maxi tacit like Melbourne?

Have never been Australia but do know that Sidney has a centralized booking system for booking accessible taxi's here's the link https://www.zero200.com.au/about.htm