Ventura

Terry Bird

I agree with Hercules tours in La Coruna if you are planning on staying there - lovely little tour and plenty of time to have lunch in the old part of the town

Last time we were in Funchal we booked a private taxi - it was expensive for two of us but would have taken six comfortably. they took us all over including into the mountains, but you can go wherever you want, If you want the name and number please just let me know

Hi, all.

I am embarking in Ventura next spring in an Iberian cruise.

Any excursions recommendation in Tenerife, Funchal or La Coruna?

Thanks

I am on this cruise and there is a roll call with members talking about options. See roll call tool.

Regards John

For us the cable car and toboggan was a must. We went on the official trip and were pushed to the front of the queue. On the way back we hopped off the coach at the market and had a bit of a look around plus an ice cream!

The official trips are generally overpriced though and its much nicer to do trips in smaller groups rather than on a big coach full of folk

I recommend the cable car. The views are impressive. The gardens at the top are very pleasant. You can either do the toboggan down or return on the cable car.

As someone else suggested, a private taxi tour around the island is good...we did this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I recommend the cable car. The views are impressive. The gardens at the top are very pleasant. You can either do the toboggan down or return on the cable car.

As someone else suggested, a private taxi tour around the island is good...we did this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I second this. The view from the cable car are excellent and the gardens are superb. We did an official trip but it's not far from the port and a taxi would perhaps have been cheaper.

In La Corina try the trip to Santiago de Compostela. This is a pilgrimage site with everyone heading for the cathedral in the town square. Google it to see if it your sort of thing. We are not religious at all but it was still an awe inspiring trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Madeira we did a very good tour with Madeira Happy Tours. In Tenerife we hired a car from CICAR, very reliable company and they have an office in the port. Have only been to La Coruña on a land holiday, but the suggestion for a visit to Santiago is good. Plenty of info on Tripadvisor and check your Roll Call.