Carnival really came through for us! Bravo! [emoji122]🏻

amandajean06

Background: I posted awhile back about a situation with our upcoming family birthday trip on the Pride this May. In addition to the two rooms my husband and I have for us and our two kids, my brother had a 3 person inside and my parents had a two person balcony, all on deck 7 forward. My brother and his girlfriend broke up after Christmas, so the gf and her daughter were not going on the trip at all. Brother couldn't find two people to take their places.

Currently: called Carnival to cancel brothers booking, cancel my parents' double balcony, and rebook the three of them into a 3 person balcony 5 doors down the hall from the original location. We all expected huge penalties and major costs out of pocket. Of course my brother lost his entire deposit (booked ES, during a $50pp sale) but they allowed my parents to roll over their entire $500 in deposits to the new room, keep their $25 pp OBC that they got at initial booking time with a promotion, and gave honored the original price at the time of booking (1/2016) for them and my brother in the new cabin.

Couldn't believe it! We didn't ask for anything special, we were just patient and kind when explaining the entire thing, and the very nice lady on the other end was able to help us out. We are so impressed with how she went out of her way to make sure they lost as little money as possible. I hope others have the same great experiences if you have a problem. Never hurts to call and ask! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a similar good experience while adding an additional person and room to our cruise. Originally there were 5 of us going so we booked a 2 person and a 3 person room on the early saver. Then my youngest daughter decided she didn't like being the odd person so wanted to invite a friend. Since we wanted all the rooms near or next to each other this necessitated changing rooms no matter how we booked so we decided to just add a 3rd room. We expected to get hit with a penalty and for the rates to increase since we were basically rebooking the whole shebang. Not only did they wave the penalty but they honored the original price on two of the rooms and only charged the current price for the new booking. I didn't ask for it they just did it. I was very happy and impressed.

Background: I posted awhile back about a situation with our upcoming family birthday trip on the Pride this May. In addition to the two rooms my husband and I have for us and our two kids, my brother had a 3 person inside and my parents had a two person balcony, all on deck 7 forward. My brother and his girlfriend broke up after Christmas, so the gf and her daughter were not going on the trip at all. Brother couldn't find two people to take their places.

Currently: called Carnival to cancel brothers booking, cancel my parents' double balcony, and rebook the three of them into a 3 person balcony 5 doors down the hall from the original location. We all expected huge penalties and major costs out of pocket. Of course my brother lost his entire deposit (booked ES, during a $50pp sale) but they allowed my parents to roll over their entire $500 in deposits to the new room, keep their $25 pp OBC that they got at initial booking time with a promotion, and gave honored the original price at the time of booking (1/2016) for them and my brother in the new cabin.

Couldn't believe it! We didn't ask for anything special, we were just patient and kind when explaining the entire thing, and the very nice lady on the other end was able to help us out. We are so impressed with how she went out of her way to make sure they lost as little money as possible. I hope others have the same great experiences if you have a problem. Never hurts to call and ask! [emoji4]

Nice to hear a positive story about customer service.:)

What kinds of huge penalties were you expecting and why?

Your brother lost just $50 and has $200 to use on a future cruise right?

Bill

Nice to hear a positive story about customer service.:)

What kinds of huge penalties were you expecting and why?

Your brother lost just $50 and has $200 to use on a future cruise right?

Bill

Hi Bill,

Because we had all booked ES, I thought that any changes at least incurred a $50 pp fee? But my parents weren't charged that. And I guess it wouldn't be a "penalty" but since the fares have risen so much since we booked I was sure they'd have to rebook at the new higher price. My brother didn't get the future cruise credit because he booked during a reduced deposit sale and therefore his $50 penalty was the same amount as the deposit he had paid. Does that make sense?

Amanda

Did you get her name? If so, why not write a nice letter or email to Carnival and let them know how helpful their employee was to you. I always try to let management of a company know when an employee has given excellent service. I figure it will help the employee.

Carnival allows switching cabins (laterally or upgrade) without penalty. We have moved cabins and people around within them with no troubles. One time they moved our people around so we could take advantage of a price match to a military fare. My husband is the vet but was not assigned to the cabin with the price drop. They made it happen easily =) Have a great cruise !

Did you get her name? If so, why not write a nice letter or email to Carnival and let them know how helpful their employee was to you. I always try to let management of a company know when an employee has given excellent service. I figure it will help the employee.

Yes, I sure did! We both had the same idea...I already wrote up an "atta girl" letter.

Thanks for the idea!

Carnival allows switching cabins (laterally or upgrade) without penalty. We have moved cabins and people around within them with no troubles. One time they moved our people around so we could take advantage of a price match to a military fare. My husband is the vet but was not assigned to the cabin with the price drop. They made it happen easily =) Have a great cruise !

I did not know that, but glad to know for the future! Thanks for sharing and thank you to your husband for his service!

Wait.... Did I just witness a positive thread on Carnival? Glad everything worked out and exceeded your expectations. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry...not really understanding the comment...could you explain?

Hi Bill,

Because we had all booked ES, I thought that any changes at least incurred a $50 pp fee? But my parents weren't charged that. And I guess it wouldn't be a "penalty" but since the fares have risen so much since we booked I was sure they'd have to rebook at the new higher price. My brother didn't get the future cruise credit because he booked during a reduced deposit sale and therefore his $50 penalty was the same amount as the deposit he had paid. Does that make sense?

Amanda

Makes perfect sense. That's great how they worked with you. Very nice to hear.:)

Bill