Earliest for Wow bands?

We will be boarding Harmony early 10:30-11:00 and am I to understand they don't issue your seapasses when you "check-in"nowadays.? Are your seapasses waiting for you in your room when it becomes available?

Are you able to get Wow bands right when you board the ship? If so doesn't it make sense to obtain wow bands first thing? It will make things a lot easier to use our drink package rather than show paperwork for drinks, correct?

Any help would be much appreciated. Dan

We are in a large balcony room not a suite. I don't believe those are complimentary unless in a suite, correct?

We were in a regular balcony cabin recently and WOW bands were not complimentary. We purchased them in the promenade after we received our seapasses.

Would love to grab them quickly after boarding. Can you grab them before receiving your seapasses?

I don't believe so. However, you should be able to enter your cabin by 1pm which is probably not more than a 45 minute wait if you're one of the first to board.

Sorry...but am I the only one to see the WOW Bands as another upsell...I'm not interested in wearing this (jewelry) during my cruise at all.

Not too excited about this new change of not getting your SeaPass when you check in....Am going to be on HOTS in March...so will see how this new method works...I'm just one of those that after 20+ cruises with RCI hate some of the changes.

Fyi, I first experienced the WOW bands on the Quantum where they were given complimentary and disposed of them after our cruise. I (wrongly) assumed they would be free on the Harmony so I repurchased them. Old wow bands can be activated again on future cruises.

That being said, I LOVED using these bands to use opening my cabin especially when carrying a cup of coffee or had my hands full otherwise.

It was strange not having the sea passes given at embarkation. The employees said that it created delays in the check in process. Not sure if that's the real reason. What I didn't like is that everyones sea pass is in an envelope OUTSIDE of their cabin. Not that this happens, but anyone can conceivably open anyone else's cabin should they get there first.

Are the WOW Bands available on all ships? I will be on Adventure in April. We will be in an Owners Suite. I have never heard of WOW banks before. Just curious to find out more info.

I believe that WOW bands are only available on the Quantum and Anthem. The Harmony seems to be the only Oasis class ship that has them at this time.

Can the wow bands become deactivated, like the sea pass card can sometimes, if the strip is damaged?

I often have my hands full, when I get to my door, and have to put stuff down to open the door, then try to hold it open with my foot, while picking everything up....:D so this might be something worth buying to me.

Kathy

I honestly don't see the problem people have with them. They don't MAKE you buy them. It's all each persons individual choice. But some people just seem hostile towards them or anything here they don't agree with.

They have no impact on anyone that doesn't buy them but man, they'll tell you the bands are the spawn of satan.

Don't want it, don't buy it. Actually pretty simple concept.

Can the wow bands become deactivated, like the sea pass card can sometimes, if the strip is damaged?

Less likely as there's no magnetic strip used. The more likely problem is in the configuration and software of the system behind the technology.

So this may be a silly question, but am now just reading about WOW bands - have not heard of them before reading this thread. But if you don't get your WOW band OR Sea Pass card on the Anthem until you get to the room, the IMPORTANT question is - how do I get a drink at a bar upon embarkation without having my sea pass card before I get to my room at 1?

So this may be a silly question, but am now just reading about WOW bands - have not heard of them before reading this thread. But if you don't get your WOW band OR Sea Pass card on the Anthem until you get to the room, the IMPORTANT question is - how do I get a drink at a bar upon embarkation without having my sea pass card before I get to my room at 1?

You can use your setsail pass that you printed to make purchases.

dp