Current sale with Royal??

Just had a friend text me about the current Royal sale.

Sorry I don't have anything being planned right now, so not real familiar.

Her daughter and son in law had been talking to their TA, but just tonight they go on Royal direct and see that a 30% sale is over tonight. TA is on vacation.

Her question for me was, should we wait on TA and take a chance losing the 30%???

I told her normally one sale is followed by another with Royal and that most really arent sales.

Would everyone agree with me here???

Her daughter and son in law had been talking to their TA, but just tonight they go on Royal direct and see that a 30% sale is over tonight. TA is on by vacation.

Her question for me was, should we wait on TA and take a chance losing the 30%???

I told her normally one sale is followed by another with Royal and that most really arent sales.

Yes you are right.

We had booked a 2017 cruise back in October. I called Royal to see if this sale would save us any money and we saved $150 with this sale. Granted that isn't a lot in the grand scheme of a cruise, but that's extra money to use for other things on board.

To the op, if your kids call Royal and schedule a cruise, isn't it possible to switch it to a TA? Seems I've read that on here before although we never use a TA.

Her daughter and son in law had been talking to their TA, but just tonight they go on Royal direct and see that a 30% sale is over tonight. TA is on vacation.

You are correct.

Yes, the "sales" keep coming. I booked in May for the March 26th cruise. I did get a credit when there was a "kids sail free" sale, but other than that, the price I paid for my other room has never gone lower. The prices may go down when there are only a couple of weeks left before a cruise.

It's not really a sale. It's 30% off each person in a cabin. Next it will be be 60% off 2nd person in cabin.

The last couple of sales my price has not changed 1 cent until the most recent one with 30% off each guest where my rate went up about $150.

I'd say relax, the next sale is in the works and will probably be about the price they see now.

Bill

Agree. They are just called differently. What is important is the bottom line.