Viking air - price changes after deposit paid?

budamom

I am taking a river cruise in December (first river cruise - but I have sailed many, many ocean cruises). We bought the Viking air with the cruise, and paid the promotional rate of $595. We paid our deposits on the cruise 10 days ago. My sister is concerned that the price of our air could go up before we make final payment and so she is wanting to make final payment now, rather than June 1st when it is due. Does anyone have any experience with this or thoughts/advice to offer?

Thanks!

Ruth

Hi Budamom,

I'm fairly certain that as long as you're booked and you pay the final balance by the date given to you by Viking, your airfare should not go up.

At least that has been our experience with now 3 Viking cruises.

Jeff

We are in the exact same "boat" as you; paid the $595. I would assume that the air fare is no different than cruise fare; it is locked in once you pay deposit.

Of course cruise lines are known to implement "fuel surcharges" after deposit, so I guess anything is possible, but I think it is doubtful they raise that fare.

Your prices are "locked and loaded". The cruise price can also go up or down. The only time you would be a differential is if you canceled and rebooked. The same with the air. I would guarantee this by saying that you should call Viking Air plus and get your flights.

If you have, you are "golden".