Bidding for Upgrades - When were you notified?

ShanLeigh77

We are leaving on the Dawn in 2 days out of Boston to Bermuda. I bid at 90 days out (when first offered) on a Family Suite with Balcony (SD) and then added a second bid on another aft Penthouse Suite. I finally got an email yesterday, 3 days before our cruise. The waiting and watching has been exciting but exhausting! ;) I kept doing mock bookings to watch the inventory. I could tell that those suites hadn't been awarded yet but that was all. The cabin will be perfect for 3 adult girlfriends. We are childhood friends of 50+ years. One has never cruised and the other has cruised twice. We would have had just as much fun in our booked balcony cabin but I can't wait to surprise them when we get to the pier to check in! :D

Finally at noon, yesterday, I received notification I got my 'poor' bid on the Family Suite!! Yeah!

I've only bid one other time for our cruise we took this past April on the same ship. I got the bid on the same category Family Suite then only one cabin over.

I love this bidding process. ;) :D

Awesome well done, and a lovely surprise for your friends, Very exciting. Have a great time.

I booked with an agent and got the upgrade email. Part of it depends on if you have registered on NCL's site to look at your sailings. Also if the travel agent gave them your email when it was booked. But they almost always have to give your email anymore. So agent or not shouldn't be a factor. The agent will also be notified if you get an upgrade offer.

Your travel agent has to participate with this bidding system, worth asking them just to make sure they do,

I bid just after midnight today on a few Haven categories for our September 23 sailing. I was notified that our bid on an H5 was accepted about 14 hours later. I bid in the poor category, the lowest I could get the slide to go on my iPad.

I was invited to bid about 8 days out (booked 10 days out). Bid twice the minimum on a spa mini suite and balcony room. I depart Sunday and haven't received anything from NCL. I assume the bid was't accepted, but it looks like others have received a decline email? Oh well still going to have a great time!

I was invited to bid about 8 days out (booked 10 days out). Bid twice the minimum on a spa mini suite and balcony room. I depart Sunday and haven't received anything from NCL. I assume the bid was't accepted, but it looks like others have received a decline email? Oh well still going to have a great time!

I depart Sunday too and have heard nothing. Yesterday my option to bid was gone and today it's back! It shows the cruise basically sold out so I don't think my bid was accepted. I agree, I booked a cabin I was happy with so it doesn't really matter, still going to have a great time.

I depart Sunday too and have heard nothing. Yesterday my option to bid was gone and today it's back! It shows the cruise basically sold out so I don't think my bid was accepted. I agree, I booked a cabin I was happy with so it doesn't really matter, still going to have a great time.

Just got email not upgraded. Glad I picked out a good room and very happy with it. Maybe next time. ;)

We are going on 30 days out, we bid on 3 categories and still have not received an email whether we are accepted or not, it says it still pending. Oh well, we will enjoy our cruise no matter what.

Do you happen to have the email address you got it from.

I cant find the mail I got last week. Thanks :)

We are going on 30 days out, we bid on 3 categories and still have not received an email whether we are accepted or not, it says it still pending. Oh well, we will enjoy our cruise no matter what.

When you bid, you get an email confirming your bid. Or just go into your reservation. You can change your bids that way.

We are on the TA and a few weeks ago they did some upsells. I thought they'd do more today but they didn't.

Do you happen to have the email address you got it from.

I cant find the mail I got last week. Thanks :)

no, i don't. I go to my NCL account and see their " let's get you upgraded" option and that is what i use to offer my bids. I book through a travel agent, and have never received an email. I hope this helps.

When you bid, you get an email confirming your bid. Or just go into your reservation. You can change your bids that way.

We are on the TA and a few weeks ago they did some upsells. I thought they'd do more today but they didn't.

thank you, yep, i know. We have not changed our bid since we first did them at 89 days out. Our cruise is now showing sold out, so not hopeful we will be upgraded, is ok though we chose the stateroom we like on mid ship, so we will be happy either way :D