How to get to beach after the Dig

wendycook22

Hi Everyone

I have done my research and realize we will be taking a cab from the cruise dock to Atlantis to see the Dig Aquarium.

My question is after we are done there, what is the best way to get back on the beach to walk to the public access (which i know is now near PIBC)? Is it a long walk? I have looked at it on google maps but it is hard to put it to scale.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what PIBC is but when we were in Nassau in September, the public access was next to the RIU hotel.

You can get there by going through Atlantis from the Royal Towers to the Coral Towers. Once you exit the Coral Towers, go to your left and keep walking past the RIU. You should be able to spot the public access because there will be a bunch of taxis waiting there.

I'm not sure what PIBC is but when we were in Nassau in September, the public access was next to the RIU hotel.

You can get there by going through Atlantis from the Royal Towers to the Coral Towers. Once you exit the Coral Towers, go to your left and keep walking past the RIU. You should be able to spot the public access because there will be a bunch of taxis waiting there.

Thanks I was reading on this forum that they moved the public access next to the Paradise Island Beach Club, and the one near the Riu is no longer an available option....the Riu access would be easy as Iknow that is quite close to Atlantis, but the PIBC is quite a bit down the beach, I would guess about a 30 minute walk. Perhaps that is not the case anymore, and the RIU access is open again. I read it was due to possible development.

Edited by wendycook22

That access was closed for a while but it had reopened when we were there in September. Not sure if anything new has happened since then.

Perfect! It must have been a bit of an older thread then. :) I am glad I asked.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. If you look at my Sky review (link is in my signature) and go to post #27, there are some pictures of the beach and public access area.

I actually stumbled upon your review when we were first looking at booking the Sky. It was extremely helpful! This will be our first NCL cruise, we usually sail Celebrity, but the price we received for the Sky allowed us to sneak in another trip this year. Just keeping an open mind. We are generally just happy being away from home and work without any cares in the world!

We walked from the beach to the Dig- it wasn't far, but we were glad we had our water- as it was warm. bring water.

When we were there -there were no amenities (bathroom, changing room) on the beach. Maybe that has changed?

From what I have read from recent posts and reviews, there is still no public restrooms on the beach. We will ensure we use them at Atlantis before heading over to the the beach :)