Anyone familiar with these Paris hotels?

compozer

We are staying 5 nights and are looking at the Mercure Eiffel Tower, the Art Hotel Efflel and the Chopin Hotel.

My wife and I spent four nights in the Chopin a couple of years ago and loved it, but it's not near the other two (or the Eiffel Tower) if that's what you're looking for. The Chopin is in the Passage Jouffroy, which is worth seeing even if you don't stay there. There is an elevator, but you must climb a short stairway from the reception to get to it. They have a sister hotel, the Bretonnerie, in the Marais, which has an elevator just off the reception. It's slightly more expensive than the Chopin (we have also stayed there) but well worth it. Also in the Passage Jouffroy is the Best Western Ronceray Opera which has an elevator just inside the entrance. I know of the other two hotels, but cannot advise you as we've never stayed there.

Edited by Langoustine

Mercure Eiffel Tower and the Hotel Chopin are two complete opposites. The former is modern and big and the second is older fashioned and smaller, typically Parisienne and furnished quirkily. Some of the rooms are a lot bigger than others. They are both lovely hotels but if you want something typically French then stay at the Chopin and if you want something corporate!and modern then stay at the Mercure (although it is French corporate.) The Chopin is in a more interesting area and as has been said is at the end of the Passage Jouffrey. There is the Musee Grevin immediately next to it which is well worth a visit ( a sort of French Madame Tussaud's) and there are several nice restaurants in the vicinity (try Bistro Romain.) Neither hotel is exactly in the centre but I would think the Chopin has the edge for walkability to the centre.

I would suggest you go on Tripadvisor and compare photos but I think I might be tempted by the Chopin for character, welcome and personal service but request one of the bigger rooms to get more space.