Abu Dhabi

Stdavids

We're due to go on the Fantasia in March boarding at Abu Dhabi. Does anyone know if we can go sightseeing straight from the airport??

i.e. Can we collect our luggage at the airport baggage carousel, put it on the MSC coach then go sightseeing? Will our luggage be automatically put on the cruise ship ready for when we board?

We would like to get to see the sights as soon as possible!

I would suspect you'd have to check your baggage directly at the ship. Then it would be to your advantage to complete your check-in and pick up your cruise cards. At that point you're free to go ashore until 30 minutes before the ship is scheduled to depart. The port call at Abu Dhabi is from early morning until 23.00 in the evening which would allow all afternoon to tour the city.

I'd echo Capricruiser's comments and take the baggage to the ship first, get check in sorted. There will most likely be a place to leave cabin baggage too... The city centre is apparently just three miles from the port, with taxi's and the sightseeing bus being available outside the port gates. Other advantage would be getting your cruise card and check in sorted earlier