Carnival Horizon 10 day Mediterranean cruise

DJW8385

After waiting MONTHS for Carnival to release the Horizon's itinerary, I was glad to see the announcement yesterday on John Healds FB page. I went to carnivals website and browse through the European sailings. I wish the Horizon was in Europe throughout the summer but we went ahead and booked our 10 day cruise on the beautiful Carnival Horizon (4/29/18-5/9/18). I know we're the fourth cruise before the TA to NY.

We're excited and can't wait to see what Barcelona have to offer since we're flying in 5 days prior to our cruise to sightsee. We are also excited abt the ports of call and getting our passport stamped :)

Who is joining us on this beautiful 10 day cruise of the Meditterean??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After waiting MONTHS for Carnival to release the Horizon's itinerary, I was glad to see the announcement yesterday on John Healds FB page. I went to carnivals website and browse through the European sailings. I wish the Horizon was in Europe throughout the summer but we went ahead and booked our 10 day cruise on the beautiful Carnival Horizon (4/29/18-5/9/18). I know we're the fourth cruise before the TA to NY.

We're excited and can't wait to see what Barcelona have to offer since we're flying in 5 days prior to our cruise to sightsee. We are also excited abt the ports of call and getting our passport stamped :)

Who is joining us on this beautiful 10 day cruise of the Meditterean??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on that sailing and the transatlantic

Barcelona is great easy to get around with hop on hop off and walkable can't wait to go back

I am also going on the April 10 cruise, did a mock booking for April of this year to get a idea of prices very High so we will check often to see when prices come down. Glad to be joining all waiting to see what excursions everyone will be going on

I am also going on the April 10 cruise, did a mock booking for April of this year to get a idea of prices very High so we will check often to see when prices come down. Glad to be joining all waiting to see what excursions everyone will be going on

We will be going to Barcelona a few days early and the last two times my TA could get me a better price air and hotels will check with her towards end of year got both for what I found air

Usually low season air ends around March 31.

My wife and I are booked on the the 10 day cruise as well. We've never done a European cruise. Where is a good place to stay in Barcelona before the cruise?

Like any large city, Barcelona hotels run the gamut. Depends on what you are looking for. There are so many parameters. If you are a little more specific you will get answers.

It's way too early for "flights" and checking this year's rates mean nothing to what they are going to be next year. :) I go to Barcelona a couple times per year, and again heading there in a little over a month. Plenty to see and do. I am very particular where I stay and go between 3 different hotels. presently. I use cheap public transportation exclusively which works out beautifully there, as well as in NYC.

I don't do bus/all day "tours" as it's simple and more beneficial for me to go direct on my schedule and priority. :) I do find Barcelona is a great city to see by foot, and have high praises for the 4 different walking tour companies I have used- experiencing multiple tours. I usually go out every night to classical guitar concerts which aren't hard to find. My priority is "real" and not "theatrical". Lots of options.

I'm not loyal to Carnival and saw no reason for my travels to hold off and "wait" for Europe with them, but they are offering a couple very good sailings that I booked. :) But heading to Europe twice prior to next year.