Which operator to use DSD/Bubble maker-Curacao

mitsugirly

Which Discover Scuba/Bubble Maker place to book with  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Discover Scuba/Bubble Maker place to book with

• Atlantis Diving ($280) 1 Dive-Tugboat
    • Hans Pleij ($264) 1 Dive-Tugboat
    • Bas Harts ($417) 2 Dives-Shon-Mosa & No-Name

I have got a 0 response over on the Curacao board, so thought I would try here. I'm going to copy and paste from over there...need help with picking the right operator/dive.

We have decided that Curacao will be the destination for our scuba this upcoming cruise.

Both hubby and I will do a Discover Scuba (have done this once in St Thomas) and our (then 9 year old by cruise time) will do a Bubble Maker class (she's a certified PADI Seal with several dives under her belt already).

Here are my options:

1) Atlantis Diving:

Transportation: The dive includes transportation from the cruise ship terminal.

Dive Sight: The tugboat area for all of us and the reef is mentioned

Cost: Bubblemaker=$114 DSD= $ 83

Time: 2.5 hours total, about 45 minutes diving

Extra: Said if we want to stay at the tugboat area to snorkel after, we could, but would have to find our own transportation back to the port

Rating on TA: Rated 5 stars and #6

2) Hans Pleij-Curious 2 Dive:

Transportation: Provided with dive

Dive Sight: Tugboat, the drop off, a wall, and a pier mentioned

Cost: $88 per person

Time: Total of 4 hours

Extra: Free pictures during the dive. Also, said they could take us to a nearby beach after scuba (Janthiel or Zanzibar or Sea Aquarium Beach) and then we would provide our own transportation back to cruise terminal.

Rating on TA: 5 stars and rated #4

3) Bas Harts:

Transportation: Includes pick up and drop off at cruise port

Dive Sight: They offer a 2 dives at 2 sites. The dives take place in the San Juan area and are called Shon-Mosa (site states there are a lot of turtles, eels, and rays at this site) and No-Name.

Cost: $139 per person

Time: He didn't really say how long nor does the site

Extra: They provide free pictures of the dive

Rating on TA: 5 stars and rated #2

So these are my options. (I have contacted many other dive companies, but the problem is finding one of them that will take us as a Discover Scuba AND provide a Bubble maker class for our daughter.

Let me know if you've had experiences with any of these and what you thought of them.

Let me know if you've been to any of these sites and which you feel would be best.

I hear the tugboat is a very simple dive, calm water and several sea horses in the area (which I have never seen when in the water before).

The lure of being able to actually do 2 dives with Bas at 2 different sites sounds super cool as well.

**The Dive Bus doesn't offer a bubble maker class so that's out

**Scuba Lodge will only offer bubble maker in a pool and not the ocean

**Ocean Encounter-well, I'm afraid, due to of some of the emails back and forth, that they are not a safe company (stating that since my daughter is a PADI seal, has done a few dives, and we have done DSD once before, they feel confident in allowing her to dive with us because they don't offer a bubble maker. :rolleyes: Um, not.

Edited by mitsugirly

**The Dive Bus doesn't offer a bubble maker class so that's out

**Scuba Lodge will only offer bubble maker in a pool and not the ocean

**Ocean Encounter-well, I'm afraid, due to of some of the emails back and forth, that they are not a safe company (stating that since my daughter is a PADI seal, has done a few dives, and we have done DSD once before, they feel confident in allowing her to dive with us because they don't offer a bubble maker. :rolleyes: Um, not.

What about the Dive Bus?

www.thedivebus.com

We have used them each time we've been to Curacao and LOVE them! We will be there next February too diving with them :)

As in my first posting (see above bolded). Not an option. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Two of your operators have been recommended. What else are you wanting?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Actually, you are the only one who recommended someone. The other person recommended The Dive bus and as stated in my OP, they don't do the bubble maker class, so I couldn't use them to begin with.

The last person just came on the, same day you did this time, for a recommendation. However, I have already booked, even though I only got 1 person that said anything. ;)

I guess I thought more people would be able to give thoughts based on their thoughts, but not much activity here or the Curacao board about these places. (Could be that there isn't anyone else out there on these boards in my predicament- DSD plus a kid).

So, really not looking for anything anymore. Thanks :)

Actually, you are the only one who recommended someone. The other person recommended The Dive bus and as stated in my OP, they don't do the bubble maker class, so I couldn't use them to begin with.

The last person just came on the, same day you did this time, for a recommendation. However, I have already booked, even though I only got 1 person that said anything. ;)

I guess I thought more people would be able to give thoughts based on their thoughts, but not much activity here or the Curacao board about these places. (Could be that there isn't anyone else out there on these boards in my predicament- DSD plus a kid).

So, really not looking for anything anymore. Thanks :)

I am glad you are booked. We thought the diving was very good in Curacao and had a great day. I know you will have a wonderful time with whoever you chose.

I am glad you are booked. We thought the diving was very good in Curacao and had a great day. I know you will have a wonderful time with whoever you chose.

Thanks! I'm sure we will have a great day. We went with your suggestion. :D

Thanks! I'm sure we will have a great day. We went with your suggestion. :D

I hope you like Hans as much as we did. His pictures were amazing, he really gave my husband some helpful suggestions for decreasing his air consumption, the dives were good and he was just an all around good person. Please come back and post about your experience. We will be booking with him again for next February.

All these divers on the boards and no one has a recommendation based on what I posted? :confused:

Most Certified Divers use Dive Bus. The fact that you are asking about Discover Scuba and Bubblemaker is a whole different situation.

I hope you like Hans as much as we did. His pictures were amazing, he really gave my husband some helpful suggestions for decreasing his air consumption, the dives were good and he was just an all around good person. Please come back and post about your experience. We will be booking with him again for next February.

I definitely will. Thanks for the comments on your experience. I appreciate it. :)