Repo New Orleans to Boston - Dawn

In Toronto

Doing the repositioning cruise on Dawn in April.

Any hints from those who have done this cruise? Also, we have a port side balcony. Would starboard be better in this particular itinerary for any reason? We thought facing west might be warmer going up the coast beginning of May.

Thanks.

Ellen

Did this cruise a few years ago and loved it, though the ports were different from yours. We did go to New Orleans a few days early to avoid any hassles and enjoy that beautiful city.

I don't think it will make that much difference which side of ship you are on. Will probably only be cold that final day heading into Boston, and being May may not be too bad.

When leaving New Orleans ,not much to see as you head out to sea. I found that part boring.

We also did this cruise in 2015 with different ports and we'll be on this cruise with you in April too! We were on the starboard side last time, but as was said before, its really only that last day that is cold. I think it was 65 and sunny - but on a boat at sea, it was a little chilly & windy!

We also chose port side, deck 9.

Looking forward to seeing the sights after sailaway cruising down the river and then all the platforms/rigs all lit up once we enter the Gulf:D

Sunset about 730pm 4/23

I never thought of the platforms/rigs in the gulf. Yes, that would be interesting to see. We have booked Los Lobos for dinner because I read that the view is good from there.

We are also on deck 9.

Anyone know how long we are on the river before the gulf?

Hello In Toronto,

I also took this cruise in 2015 and had a wonderful time on it. My cabin was on port side and one that was lengthwise which gave the impression it was larger. This time I've booked an inside. At any rate I'm sure we'll all have a wonderful time no matter what cabin we're in!

See you on board at the M&G

happytotravel

Jean

I never thought of the platforms/rigs in the gulf. Yes, that would be interesting to see. We have booked Los Lobos for dinner because I read that the view is good from there.

We are also on deck 9.

I think it's about three hours or so +/-

We were never able to see the coast. This time we booked a Guarantee Oceanview, so we'll see what we get. Last time, the Coast Guard had to do a routine check on the ship and they were loading some extra supplies so we took off several hours late and did not get to see the cruise down the Mississippi since it was already dark. We're hoping we take off on time this trip so that we can see everything!

• 2 months later...

DH and I are also on this cruise coming a day early. Staying for the first time in an OK obstruction room (8612). Though we do have a bid in for an upgrade to a balcony and a mini suite, no answer yet but we are going to be happy just to be on the ship :-) We have cruised out of Nola before always in a balcony and always enjoy looking at the lights, however the smell has not always been pleasant.

We are also on deck 9.

I've done this cruise 3 times.....It usually takes 6-8 hours to cruise down the Mississippi and then you'll enter the gulf.....the oil platforms are nice to see at nite......

We also chose port side, deck 9.

Looking forward to seeing the sights after sailaway cruising down the river and then all the platforms/rigs all lit up once we enter the Gulf:D

Sunset about 730pm 4/23

We are also Port side, accessible balcony deck 9 on Repo cruise. When I asked NCL consultant which side was best for Ports, was told Port side. Like to "people watch"! But then again, could be misinformation!

We are also Port side, accessible balcony deck 9 on Repo cruise. When I asked NCL consultant which side was best for Ports, was told Port side. Like to "people watch"! But then again, could be misinformation!

I guess we will find out if 'they' know!

See you at the M & G in just a few days:D

Ellen