St Marten - Best Beach Bar

We have been to St. Maarten 5 times and our 5th trip was our first Sunset Bar/Maho Beach.

We did not dress for the beach but did get to see the 747 fly right over us. Then about an 1 1/2 hours later watched it take off with the resulting people being blown down the beach into the water.

We watched that from the side and did not get the 'grit' massage.

Knowing what I know now by actually going, I would go again if we had some in our group who have not experienced this, to even see a somewhat smaller commercial plane land for the experience and the drinking. We too enjoyed a number of beers during the waiting.

Now I do not have to rely on others perspectives. I can now pontificate myself as to why anyone should go or not. :)

We have been to St. Maarten 5 times and our 5th trip was our first Sunset Bar/Maho Beach.

We did not dress for the beach but did get to see the 747 fly right over us. Then about an 1 1/2 hours later watched it take off with the resulting people being blown down the beach into the water.

We watched that from the side and did not get the 'grit' massage.

Knowing what I know now by actually going, I would go again if we had some in our group who have not experienced this, to even see a somewhat smaller commercial plane land for the experience and the drinking. We too enjoyed a number of beers during the waiting.

Now I do not have to rely on others perspectives. I can now pontificate myself as to why anyone should go or not. :)

Great points... love different perspectives...

Actually, it will not be up to me, but the SO will decide...

You heard...

Happy Wife, Happy Life

The main reason why I will never fence surf at Maho Beach is this video. Let me warn you, it isn't for the faint of heart. I will sit at the Sunset Bar, stand under the planes landing but I will not hold onto the fence no matter how much I have consumed.

[YOUTUBE]eV21f1MZ5iU[/YOUTUBE]

The main reason why I will never fence surf at Maho Beach is this video. Let me warn you, it isn't for the faint of heart. I will sit at the Sunset Bar, stand under the planes landing but I will not hold onto the fence no matter how much I have consumed.

[YOUTUBE]eV21f1MZ5iU[/YOUTUBE]

That is a nasty head bump

It seems most of the big aircraft start landing a bit after noon. Lots of smaller commuter planes in the AM.

Traffic between Maho and the cruise port can be heavy as the afternoon progresses. Don't stay too long watching the big ones to take off again.