Cooling tank tops

abbykate

Does anyone use a "cooling" tank top under your outfit? I tend to be cold in the morning (that's what layers are for) but burning up by mid-day. I can only take off so many layers and if I can't get cool I get very...well...:mad:

(FYI - I wear a tank top for modesty. I find shirts to be really low and/or thin these days, and my rather large :o girls prefer to be covered.)

I have wicking tanks (from Uniqlo - airism, from Columbia, from Ex Officio) but I don't consider that they actually "cool" me (despite some of the claims, esp from Columbia) but I do appreciate the wicking, because I'm going to sweat!

Check sales, check Columbia outlets, check Sierra Trading Post - if you're wearing a tank anyway, no reason not to try a technical fabric if you find a price you like. I appreciate that they wash & dry quickly which is a plus for me as I pretty much always do a little laundry in my room when I travel.

I'm the opposite: I prefer to not wear tank tops because I want to be modest in my dress where I travel. I take short sleeve and long sleeve shirts. I'm not sure where you are only finding low-cut and flimsy shirts - I have no trouble finding sturdy shirts (Athleta, Columbia, Prana, Ex-Officio, Sahalie, Title Nine) for my everyday wear (which is also my vacation/cruise wear). I want to keep covered also to avoid sunburn.

As for "cooling" tanks, those same companies I mentioned also sell tanks. And, Duluth Trading sells the "Armachillo Cooling Tank". Can't say it's really cooling as I don't do tanks, but it is what you asked for.

Hoyaheel- where do you find them?

Which? The wicking bras? Most sports bras are wicking, so I shop for styles that are more "bra" like (NOT a pullover mono-boob stretchy sports bra) Moving Comfort fits me best, and they have options at all levels of support. Check out Title Nine for lots of options.

Also, for all these options - just google:D "Wicking bra" etc. Then shop around if you have stores that carry those brands nearby (I usually don't so I shop online and return what doesn't fit - though by now I know what usually/should fit so I try those first - but sometimes new options are tempting. Sometimes they work out, sometimes not)

(as for tanks - I don't wear them for modesty, I wear them for layering. Full strap tanks I can wear with bras, not camis, so when it gets hot, that's the layer I'm wearing - but I'll start out the day with a button down or probably a cardigan on top)

Yes on Title Nine for sports bras! Probably the best selection I've seen. And, they do have choices for my DDD body.

Maybe I'm just different. I haven't had the desire to wear a tank top for anything (even if my bra straps are hidden) than under my business suits or when I'm doing an active thing (hiking, biking, pulling weeds). If I used it for layering, it would not be a layer that I would reveal. My short and long sleeve shirts work just fine for me, even when it's hot. I used my Ex-Officio long sleeved shirts (with roll up option) when I was doing my Egypt trip and it was over 100 every day (including one 109 day in the Valley of the Kings). The one thing I found was that, with just a sleeveless shirt, I felt hotter than with my short/long sleeve ones because the sun was beating right on my skin. The sleeves allowed for evaporative cooling and I actually felt rather comfortable. And, I wore my long pants (my REI convertibles and my Athleta travelers cargoes) everyday on that trip, too!

I don't like myself in short sleeves. I wear sleeveless or something that's elbow or longer. If tanks are culturally inappropriate, I won't wear them. But if I can - they're my preference (sleeveless dress with cardigan is what I wear most of the time for work & leisure :-)

I'm also DDD or dddd so thank goodness for the few brands that fit!!

I too like to wear a cami of sorts under my blouses. I wear alot of white blouses for work and I dont like being able to see a bra though the sheer fabric. I too find the girls pop up and out of regular tops that arent low cut so i wear a cami to cover that up too. Ill have to google cooling tanks as i do find in summer multiple layers can be way to hot

I too like to wear a cami of sorts under my blouses. I wear alot of white blouses for work and I dont like being able to see a bra though the sheer fabric. I too find the girls pop up and out of regular tops that arent low cut so i wear a cami to cover that up too. Ill have to google cooling tanks as i do find in summer multiple layers can be way to hot

If you find something let me know! I started going through my "cotton" t-shirts and found they are actually viscose or 100% polyester. And most of my "breezy" tops are 100% rayon. Apparently middle age is when you have to start checking the tags... Once I cull those non-breathers out of the wardrobe plans, I should be much cooler!

https://www.bustle.com/articles/89224-the-best-and-worst-fabrics-for-sweaty-people-because-everybody-sweats-but-we-dont-have-to

Sent from my iPhone using Forums