Day Pass - The Jewel Dunn's River Falls Resort

TravelLovingGal

Has anyone been to the Jewel Dunn's River Falls Resort on a day pass?

Did your like it? We honeymooned there YEARS ago when it was the Jamaican Hilton.

Do they have lockers or someplace we can we can secure our camera and other valuables in if we are swimming or kayaking?

Thanks

We were there last week and booked through resort for a day. They pick you up right when you get off the ship (on NCL Epic) and drop you off again about an hour before your ship leaves. It is not a far drive but having secured transportation is one less thing to worry about.

I did not see any lockers, just don't bring any valuables with you. The resort seemed very safe, and blocked off with barbed wire fence on the beach to keep vendors out. The grounds were beautiful and very clean. Lunch was very good and so were the drinks, but bring extra money for tips, as the staff expected it.

Did you take a taxi? How much was it?

I think what Askmelanie said is that she booked the resort through the company "resortforaday.com" which includes transportation both to and from the chosen resort. We have booked with this same company for this resort for later this month.

I think what Askmelanie said is that she booked the resort through the company "resortforaday.com" which includes transportation both to and from the chosen resort. We have booked with this same company for this resort for later this month.

You are right.

Does anyone know how much a taxi costs to get there if you do not book through resortforaday? Thank you.

We went to the Jewel Dun River two days ago. We paid $40 round trip for a taxi. The first $20 when he dropped us off at the resort and the second when he dropped us off at the port. We walked off the ships pier, past the building with the blue roof you can see from the ship. Then through the parking lot where there will be lots of tour vans and people trying to sell you stuff. Then through the gate and found a driver. We didn't try to negotiate. From what I had read, $20 seemed to be a good price. We were the only ship in port that day and there were tons of taxis available. I did make sure he had a red license plate and was a real taxi.

I do not know about wifi. I have free wifi in most of the Americas and Caribbean island through my phone company. I didn't try to use it because we didntoo much other stuff and didn't have time to use it.

We were there from 10am to 3:30pm