MSC Seaside - Feb 2018

ERLEC

Anyone looking at cruising on the Seaside in Feb 2018?

I'm closely looking at this. But I'm puzzled. We were first looking into a Carnival cruise with the kids, but then I saw this new MSC ship coming up that look really cool for the kids.

It's about 400$ more then the Carnival Conquest cruise I'm looking, but I have drinks included with MSC which I don't have with Carnival.

For the people that did Carnival cruises in the past, how MSC compares with Carnival? I heard the service and food is average at best with MSC. Is that right?

Also, what's your feeling about taking a ship that is very new?

Edited by ERLEC

I also booked the Seaside but for Jan.2018. The price was a little less than the cruise on the Oasis which we are going on right after. Have been cruising X and RCCL mostly and I think we are ready for a change. We also have not cruised on any "Mega" ships so this will be an interesting comparison. We are more excited about the new Seaside than the Oasis. We were matched loyalty class levels By MSC which also lured us into their cruise. Hope we enjoy MSC as it might be a great alternative. Was a little disapointed in their new private island not being completed but it could be a reason to possibly book a future cruise with MSC.

I'm closely looking at this. But I'm puzzled. We were first looking into a Carnival cruise with the kids, but then I saw this new MSC ship coming up that look really cool for the kids.

It's about 400$ more then the Carnival Conquest cruise I'm looking, but I have drinks included with MSC which I don't have with Carnival.

For the people that did Carnival cruises in the past, how MSC compares with Carnival? I heard the service and food is average at best with MSC. Is that right?

They are totally different, the entertainment on MSc is the best at sea and you can't compare a Carnival ship with an MSC ship, MSC ships are beautiful.

I also booked the Seaside but for Jan.2018. The price was a little less than the cruise on the Oasis which we are going on right after. Have been cruising X and RCCL mostly and I think we are ready for a change. We also have not cruised on any "Mega" ships so this will be an interesting comparison. We are more excited about the new Seaside than the Oasis. We were matched loyalty class levels By MSC which also lured us into their cruise. Hope we enjoy MSC as it might be a great alternative. Was a little disapointed in their new private island not being completed but it could be a reason to possibly book a future cruise with MSC.

I love X.... Been with them 2 times now and really loved the amenities and extra services we were getting. That being said, cruising with Celebrity was fine for my wife and I only. Now we're looking into our first cruise with the kids. So we need something not expensive and great for kids. Celebrity ships are more for couples than family. So I'm looking into Carnival, NCL, RCCL or MSC.

So far, only Carnival and MSC seems to be affordable for our Feb 2018 week...For some reasons NCL is expensive on that week. RCCL Oasis & Allure have similar price compared to MSC, but a lower category cabin and no-amenities included. MSC has the drink vouchers included and dinner time wine package.

Everything is leading us to MSC Seaside right now...

Edited by ERLEC

We are booked on the Seaside in January 2018. Having been in the MSC Divina Yacht Club three times we are excited to experience the YC on the Seaside. We sailed Carnival once and didn't care for it at all. In any event, it cannot compare with the time we spend on the Divina. I can only comment on the YC and I can say that in our 23 cruises we have never had better service from every single crew member. I am a picky eater so I thought some of the food was average, but my wife loved it all.

ERLEC

We are also doing a cruise on RCCL Freedom in March 2017 with my DD,DSIL, and 3 grandchildren(5,6,and7) . My daughter picked the cruise and ship. She claims the Freedom is more geared for the children.Went on a Disney cruise last year but was not impressed considering the cost. Their prices this year are crazy!! They claim you pay for the magic! I think they magically remove the money from your pockets. Good luck with your choice of cruise.

The Seaside comes with the mealtime drink package as a promotion. Anyone know how much it cost to upgrade that to the unlimited drink package?

I posted this link on another thread for you

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

According to the list, the Cheers (mealtime) package price is as follows:

$20 – $22.50 per person / per day

*Prices may vary by ship or sailings date and are subject to change. Please click “SEE PRICING” and login to view packages & pricing for your specific sailing.

The all-inclusive is:

$45 per person / per day

*Prices may vary by ship or sailings date and are subject to change. Please click “SEE PRICING” and login to view packages & pricing for your specific sailing.

The price difference is greater when $ is the currency onboard. In fact, the drinks packages overall are much more expensive than when the currency is Euro. The all-inclusive is only €26pppd which is only €9.50pppd more than the Cheers package. In your case it may be great value to upgrade.

Edited by Beamafar

• 3 months later...

Reserved on a non-school-vacation-week in February, first time with MSC, first time on a megaship. Like their status-match program; was easy to set up online https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Status-Match-Form.aspx . My Captain's Club level equaled Voyager Black on MSC. Pick your best/highest hotel or cruise status and submit to them for match. The benefits may help you decide.

There is no comparison between the 2 , MSC is far superior. IMO

We have done both and I think they're a lot different. DH and I actually just cancelled our September cruise with carnival and booked the new MSC Seaside. For the price and extras with the booking on this new ship, you can't beat it. We sailed MSC Divina in September 2014 and found some flaws but overall it was a beautiful ship and entertainment was amazing!

I'm interested in comparing the Seaside to our last cruise on RCL Oasis which was literally breathtaking!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums