Lotus Spa Pool & Hot Tubs on Caribbean Princess

MeeCruiser

What is your experience with the temperatures for the Lotus Spa pool and hot tubs? Is the pool generally heated, and are the hot tubs actually 102 degrees or better? I'm looking at a cruise to the Panama Canal in December.

I've been on some ships, not Princess, where they drained the hot tubs every evening and didn't fill them till late morning so they never really got very warm until late afternoon. I also noticed if there were any seas at all, the pools got drained and closed.

Is this typical on the Caribbean Princess too?

The pools on Princess have fresh water. When they want to close the pools because of dangerous ship motion, they put a net over the pools and hot tubs so they cannot be used. The CB's lotus spa pool and hot tubs are located inside the spa area so they are sheltered from the weather. The pools on Princess are not heated. I don't know the temperature of the hot tubs but they are definitely hot.

The pools on Princess have fresh water. When they want to close the pools because of dangerous ship motion, they put a net over the pools and hot tubs so they cannot be used. The CB's lotus spa pool and hot tubs are located inside the spa area so they are sheltered from the weather. The pools on Princess are not heated. I don't know the temperature of the hot tubs but they are definitely hot.

I'm not so sure that's true. I've felt hot water being pumped into the pool even time I've been on the ship- at least in the Lotus pool. I don't use the main pools to often so I can't say.

I, also, can't comment on the main pools...I've only used the Lotus Pool and it's usually heated. Not always very warm, but more than room temp.

The hot tubs can be just a little warm to "cook my lobster". Usually one is warmer than the other.

Almost always this pool is uncrowded as most think it's part of the Sanctuary and costs extra. ;)

We used both the Lotus Pool and its two hot tubs several times on a Western Caribbean cruise on CB over New Year's this year. The pool was cool--it probably was heated, but not much. The location is sheltered--down a level from the Sanctuary and Sun deck--so it does not receive a lot of direct sunlight to warm it. The hot tubs were nice and warm, however. They are right next to the pool, so some people would hop over the tub/pool wall to cool off after the tub. We did not use any of the other pools on board, so cannot provide a comparison of the temperatures.