Tim's EPIC, NCL EPIC Review

Timsierramist

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your review. I enjoyed it very much and am so happy you enjoyed your cruise. Loved your videos and savvy comments. On your way to Florida you passed through my hometown of El Reno, Oklahoma on I40.

Hope you enjoyed your drive!

Edited by Sunnysafari

When do you check your suitcases . . . outside the "registration building" when you first get there or inside the "registration" building?

There are porters outside your ship that take your suitcases. You can't miss them! But don't forget to keep a carry on bag with clothing, bathing suit, medication, and personal products, as you may not see that suitcase again until evening. I usually pack in my carry on everything I will need to carry me through the evening, including something other than shorts to wear to dinner, although rules are much more relaxed on day one for dress code, and for all days for that matter on a NCL ship.

When do you check your suitcases . . . outside the "registration building" when you first get there or inside the "registration" building?

You check your baggage with a porter outside when you first arrive. When I cruised out of PC two weeks ago, the longest line was to get inside the building to go through security. Once through, there was barely any line to checkin as they had different lines based on what deck your cabin is on.

Well I'm glad there's people that can tolerate no region cruise line

ericfromri,

Really? What motivated You to post this? Better yet, what made You think anyone would give a Rat's Butt about it? The OP put in a lot of effort to post some great photos of His "Once in a Lifetime" cruise, and You feel the need to "Slam" the cruiseline? Get a life.

Awesome review! Heading out on Epic first week in March for a quick 3-day cruise to Great Stirrup Cay and back.

So, you can take your food from the buffet down to LaCucina and eat it correct? Or do they SERVE breakfast (no charge)?

Also, is anyone allowed in the Studio Lounge? I would like to check that out for when I decide to cruise alone.

I guess the whole "Posh" area is out of the question to explore since I think its for the Haven folks right?

Great review, I really enjoyed it! Thank you!! I will be on the Epic in December. Can't wait! :)

Memory doesn't serve on the length of the river tubing. But I believe it was about an hour. I personally felt I got my money's worth.

20170118_134919_zpsp67yslqh.jpg

As I said at the very beginning. I admit I'm a lazy guy. But the laziness cancels out when it's time to go on an adventure. What better way to be lazy and go on an adventure than this!? Better than the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland.

20170118_134957_zps0y35dooz.jpg

About halfway down the river, an associate of the tour guide will appear in the middle of the river and offer you beer. I think they were $5 a piece. Nobody had their wallets on them for obvious reason, but they said we could drink now, pay later at the end.

Capture_zpshyivisrf.png

Here are video clips tied together of the White River tubing experience. Enjoy:

08_9NH2JwWY

This looks AMAZING! Later comments made it seem like it wasn't that great tho. Should we just plan on a beach day in Jamaica?

Thanks for your wonderful review. Hope to be on Epic in December.

We will be on the Epic December 9th-16th. :)

Loving your trip report!! We are heading on our first Epic cruise in June thanks for all the tips we surely will be using them.

We're from So Cal as well and have always wanted to do the cross country drive, would love to read that trip report if you do it.

• 3 months later...

Loved your review. I will be doing quick 3 night in March. My 4th with NCL, 18th cruise but my friend, it's her first. I wanted to try Epic and all. Looks like we will have fun. We will be eating in those extra restaurants as we got the dinning and beverage as our promos. The private island is nice, been there lots of times so I may not stay on island long so I can soak up time on the ship. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Tim, that was a great review! So detailed! Loved reading it. We're going on the Epic on the transatlantic from Barcelona to PC in November. We love NCL. We've only been on the smaller ships - Pearl, Gem, Sun, and Sky. This will be our first big ship and first transatlantic! So thanks for taking the time to enlighten us all!

You mention the manners of the lady who sat down at a table. O'Sheehans is not exactly a haute cuisine establishment and surely she can sit anywhere. Is your photo not an invasion of privacy? (unless you got her permission to publish). Manners work both ways.

She was completely rude to sit down just because no one was sitting there. Had she asked if she could sit there, he may have invited her to sit down

• 1 month later...
Great review, I really enjoyed it! Thank you!! I will be on the Epic in December. Can't wait! :)

This looks AMAZING! Later comments made it seem like it wasn't that great tho. Should we just plan on a beach day in Jamaica?

We will be on the Epic December 9th-16th. :)

I'll be on the December 9th cruise as well! Second time on the Epic, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...