Angkor Wat

Dawg67

Looking for any information about the this 3 day 2 night excursion from Vietnam to Bangkok. We are booked on the 29 October cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. In particular the last day trip from Siem Reap. What time do we get to the boat in Bangkok. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

My advice - go on your own either before or after the cruise, and hire a private guide who will customize your visit to your preferences. You will see more, at places you want to go to, and it will cost much less than the ship's excursion. Plus, you won't be missing three days on the ship, which you are paying for even when you are gone. Why pay for two rooms and only stay in one? Why pay for two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners and only eat one each?

We did the Singapore to Bangkok cruise two years ago this week. We went a week early, visited Angkor Wat for three days and three nights being guided by Mr. Kim San, Angkor Daily Tours (http://www.angkor-guides.com/siemreap), then spent two nights in Puckett, Thailand, followed by a day and night in Kuala Lumpur, then the next day taking the local train for a fascinating trip south across the Malaysian countryside to Singapore, and wrapping up with a night there on our own before getting on the ship. The total cost for all of that was less than the excursion. And we still got our full value of the ship by not missing any time on board, or visits to the two ports you will be missing by taking the excursion.

Edited by sloopsailor

Looking for any information about the this 3 day 2 night excursion from Vietnam to Bangkok. We are booked on the 29 October cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. In particular the last day trip from Siem Reap. What time do we get to the boat in Bangkok. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

DW and I went on a land based holiday to Cambodia a few years ago - we hired a driver for the day

Siem Reap was perhaps the most fascinating ancient monument we have seen in our many years of travelling, but please beware of the poverty. We were offered a baby by a crying teenager. It was a very moving experience on many levels

My husband and I did this excursion in December. If the timing is right for you I think you would be better off arranging your own tour either before after the cruise. That being said, we loved this excursion! The timing wasn't right for us to go on our own as we already had plans for Hong Kong and Singapore.

The excursion left early in the morning on the last day in Bangkok, and then we caught up with the ship at Ho Chi Mihn on the third day. You fly for both legs...we did have visa issues in Vietnam for our group so we missed our planned group tour to see the city. We were so late that they had to hold the s hip for us since we didn't arrive until almost 10pm.

So, if this will be your only opportunity to see Siem Reap, do it!