What’s going on here?

TwoCruisers

I am currently on three different Princess roll calls for upcoming cruises. I am keeping a detailed roll call list for each of the cruises which I post on the roll calls periodically. I have noticed in the past few months there have been 5 people signing on to one of the roll calls using the very same wordage, which is: “Hi Everyone! I am sailing on this cruise and looking forward to chatting with all of you”. This is usually their first and only post on Cruise Critic, but they have a signup date from a few years ago. They never come back to say anything else. If it isn’t their only post then it is their second or third over a few year span.

Are these people real? Is this the work of a Troll? Has anyone else noticed this happening on their roll calls?

• Administrators

Hi Everyone!

No need to worry.

THere's a feature on the site that allows new folks to simply push a single button and add a posting to a Roll Call.

Here's a sample page that has that feature: http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/brilliance-of-the-seas-january-28-2017/

If you look in the right column on that page, you'll see a button that says "I'm Sailing". A newbie to that page only needs to click it to post if they are logged in. They will then begin to receive notifications of new posts to the Roll Call, and hopefully join in on the fun.

I don't disagree that we can make the messaging a bit clearer to those already participating on the Roll Call, so I will add that to my "TO DO" list.

Laura

Edited by LauraS

I am currently on three different Princess roll calls for upcoming cruises. I am keeping a detailed roll call list for each of the cruises which I post on the roll calls periodically. I have noticed in the past few months there have been 5 people signing on to one of the roll calls using the very same wordage, which is: “Hi Everyone! I am sailing on this cruise and looking forward to chatting with all of you”. This is usually their first and only post on Cruise Critic, but they have a signup date from a few years ago. They never come back to say anything else. If it isn’t their only post then it is their second or third over a few year span.

Are these people real? Is this the work of a Troll? Has anyone else noticed this happening on their roll calls?

Doing a B2B on The Grand.....have it on both roll calls.....:eek:

Hi Everyone!

No need to worry.

THere's a feature on the site that allows new folks to simply push a single button and add a posting to a Roll Call.

Here's a sample page that has that feature: http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/brilliance-of-the-seas-january-28-2017/

If you look in the right column on that page, you'll see a button that says "I'm Sailing". A newbie to that page only needs to click it to post if they are logged in. They will then begin to receive notifications of new posts to the Roll Call, and hopefully join in on the fun.

I don't disagree that we can make the messaging a bit clearer to those already participating on the Roll Call, so I will add that to my "TO DO" list.

Laura

Laura,

Thanks for the explanation.