Riviera MDR query

Csardas

Hi.

Looking forward to our first cruise with Oceania and wondered about tables in the MDR.

We are very sociable at all other times but always have a table for just us 2 for meals. Do Oceania allocate a table or an area for dinner or is it just pot luck when you turn up?

Hi.

Looking forward to our first cruise with Oceania and wondered about tables in the MDR.

We are very sociable at all other times but always have a table for just us 2 for meals. Do Oceania allocate a table or an area for dinner or is it just pot luck when you turn up?

When traveling without friends we always request a table for two.

The worse scenario is a short wait but most of the time it is no problem :)

Lol!!

We won't be rushed then, eating at that time? I like time between courses and a long leisurely meal. Coffee I want served after pudding, not with it. It may be easier with allocated tables as the waiters are used to each tables' foibles!:)

it can also depend on your fellow shipmates

many like to dine later also

Oceania is open dining but if you find a wait team you like then just ask to sit in their section & if tables are available then you will get your request

enjoy

Lol!!

We won't be rushed then, eating at that time? I like time between courses and a long leisurely meal. Coffee I want served after pudding, not with it. It may be easier with allocated tables as the waiters are used to each tables' foibles!:)

Are you sure you're not my partner writing under another nom de plume??? 😂😂😂 I'm just recalling him asking for his coffee after pudding.....With the non English as a first language waiter looking a little confused at the use of "pudding" vs "dessert"...... Don't forget to ask for petits fours with coffee 😀

Are you sure you're not my partner writing under another nom de plume??? 😂😂😂 I'm just recalling him asking for his coffee after pudding.....With the non English as a first language waiter looking a little confused at the use of "pudding" vs "dessert"...... Don't forget to ask for petits fours with coffee 😀

Hahaha! For the sake of the waiters I'll try "dessert"! I've been looking at the posts and will make a valiant effort to get to the petits fours.