Getting to Platinum status - do cruises as a child count?

jones721

I am elite on Princess and my husband is not. We have looked at his history and we are sure that he has done one more cruise than is listed but Princess can't find a record of it and we have no cruise card as proof.

He did several P&O cruises as a child (a long, long time ago). Is it worth ringing up again and asking if any of those count? It was obviously before the days of keeping records on computers. Probably in 70s. He only needs another 7 days to get him to Platinum - and free internet minutes.

To US readers of this forum. P&O cruises are counted towards Princess status but not vice versa.

Thanks,

Tracey

I'm not certain about the kids but when they started keeping computerized records I called them to update my records and had no trouble. All they asked for was a cruise date. Today my cruise history doesn't have the correct ship name shown but the total number of cruise credits is correct.

Do you have ANYTHING that shows him on that cruise like a photo in the pool, officer that you can send them for proof?

Call another agent & you might get one who will provide more help.

In the U.S., kids cruises count, but status isn't recognized until the 18th birthday.

Those P&O cruises probably count. You just need some documentation showing he was on the ship.

The current P&O Peninsular club scheme only takes into consideration cruises taken after the year 2000 or thereabouts. So any cruises before that will not be counted. There was quite an upset at the time it was introduced. Our first cruise was in 2001 and that is counted.

So unfortunately any cruise taken in the 70's will not count.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tracey, Dai may well be right but it's worth contacting P&O and/or Princess to check.

I was in the same position a few years ago and got by cruises before 2000 recognised in terms of loyalty. These included some cruises in the 1970s as a child (I managed to dig out my old scrapbooks to give the cruise numbers on Canberra and (old) Oriana!). This helped me in achieving Platinum for my first Princess cruise last year. Good luck.

Neil

Tracey, Dai may well be right but it's worth contacting P&O and/or Princess to check.

I was in the same position a few years ago and got by cruises before 2000 recognised in terms of loyalty. These included some cruises in the 1970s as a child (I managed to dig out my old scrapbooks to give the cruise numbers on Canberra and (old) Oriana!). This helped me in achieving Platinum for my first Princess cruise last year. Good luck.

Neil

Hi,

Thanks for replies. Not bothered about recognition from P&O (their loyalty scheme is not really worth having!) but it would be nice to boost him up to Platinum with Princess before our 14 days transatlantic cruise in March. It was Princess themselves that I originally contacted (not a TA) and they were very helpful but couldn't find any records from 2000 or 2001 cruises.

His parents may well have old photos on Canberra or Oriana - I could always try to see if Princess would accept those like they did with you. That's great advice.

Thanks.

Tracey

Definitely get evidence and send it to Princess.

I say this because I have just got back from a cruise out of Sydney and one of the talking points amongst the Aussies on our table was that someone had discovered that, if they could produce the evidence, people who emigrated to Australia in the 1960's on a £10 assisted passage could get loyalty credits if they made the passage on P&O.

Seemed crazy to me and I was not in a position to challenge the statement (in other words don't shoot the messenger), but these people CLAIMED to know people who had got their immigration passage counted!!

As others have said, children get credits for days and cruises but benefits don't cut in until 18.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Hi,

Thanks for replies. Not bothered about recognition from P&O (their loyalty scheme is not really worth having!) but it would be nice to boost him up to Platinum with Princess before our 14 days transatlantic cruise in March. It was Princess themselves that I originally contacted (not a TA) and they were very helpful but couldn't find any records from 2000 or 2001 cruises.

His parents may well have old photos on Canberra or Oriana - I could always try to see if Princess would accept those like they did with you. That's great advice.

Thanks.

Tracey

Whatever you think about P&O loyalty schemes these are the records that Princess use. It is from P&O they get the information.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I had a copy of my ticket (yes we used to get those)on the Canberra from years ago and Princess accepted this. Also had menus of about 1O other P and O cruises in the 90 s, which had the voyage number, dates and itinerary on them and that gave me credits for these cruises also. It never hurts to try. It worked for us.