Pull Down and Sofa Beds vs Regular Bed?

new_cruiser_75

I'm currently booked in a 2 person 4J (super happy we scored this room!), but recently found out that there is a possibility that a 3rd friend could join us. If this happens (and we are feeling generous) we could add her, move to a regular inside room, and save about $150pp on a 7 day cruise. BUT this would mean that one of us would have to sleep on either a pull down or sofa bed... What are your thoughts on this?

I'm just thinking ahead, haven't even brought up the idea to the other two (one currently booked with me and the other thinking about joining in on the fun). The new 3rd guest could not sleep on a pull down (mobility issues). I really like the carnival beds, but have never tired a pull down or sofa bed and it's pretty likely that I would be the one to get the 3rd "bed" as I'm the most healthy/flexible/mobile of the three. Are they just as comfortable?

Thanks for your help :)

Exactly what firemanbobswife said. I would also add that if you booked Early Saver you will not be able to switch to another inside cabin because a 4J is the highest inside cabin and you are not allowed to downgrade with Early Saver. So you would have to move up to an Ocean view cabin.

Fine points from you both! We did book early saver... and the only OV rooms available are ont he 1st and 2nd floors. I'm someone who would prefer to take the stairs all the time, but I'm positive that person #3 would NOT be able to do that. We could upgrade to a balcony, but that would mean more $$$. Fingers crossed that person #3 either springs for her own room or can find a #4 to share that room with her. (I would really like her to come - in her own cabin)

Thanks for your insight :D

I just did a 6 day cruise with my 2 teenage kids who are much taller than me. So I slept in the pull down bed all week and let them share the king bed. And honestly.... it was super comfy. I slept great all week. Only downside was the ladder to get up and down, but it wasn't bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise with 4 people total. My wife, myself and 2 boys. The boys fight between the sofa bed and the upper pull-man. I've tried both and can honestly say the upper pull-man is considerably more comfortable than the sofa bed.

Fine points from you both! We did book early saver... and the only OV rooms available are ont he 1st and 2nd floors. I'm someone who would prefer to take the stairs all the time, but I'm positive that person #3 would NOT be able to do that. We could upgrade to a balcony, but that would mean more $$$. Fingers crossed that person #3 either springs for her own room or can find a #4 to share that room with her. (I would really like her to come - in her own cabin)

Thanks for your insight :D

Decks 1 and 2 are my favorite and always easy to get an elevator if they can't do stairs.

I'm currently booked in a 2 person 4J (super happy we scored this room!), but recently found out that there is a possibility that a 3rd friend could join us. If this happens (and we are feeling generous) we could add her, move to a regular inside room, and save about $150pp on a 7 day cruise. BUT this would mean that one of us would have to sleep on either a pull down or sofa bed... What are your thoughts on this?

I'm just thinking ahead, haven't even brought up the idea to the other two (one currently booked with me and the other thinking about joining in on the fun). The new 3rd guest could not sleep on a pull down (mobility issues). I really like the carnival beds, but have never tired a pull down or sofa bed and it's pretty likely that I would be the one to get the 3rd "bed" as I'm the most healthy/flexible/mobile of the three. Are they just as comfortable?

Thanks for your help :)

We have had both. I have been told by the people sleeping on the sofa converted to bed and the pull down. They both have said they are very comfy and just as good as a regular bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Make sure if you add the 3rd that it is not for a trundle bed (basically mattress on floor) and you have a pull down.

Why do you feel like you need to house this person if you are already very happy with the cabin you booked? Just make it clear that you would love for her to come along and you hope that she can find that 4th person to share a cabin with. ;)

I've tried both and can honestly say the upper pull-man is considerably more comfortable than the sofa bed.

I agree

Decks 1 and 2 are my favorite and always easy to get an elevator if they can't do stairs.

Yep, either high up or down low in the ship is the best place to be when wanting an elevator. It's the floors in between that get met with full elevators.

Make sure if you add the 3rd that it is not for a trundle bed (basically mattress on floor) and you have a pull down.

Why do you feel like you need to house this person if you are already very happy with the cabin you booked? Just make it clear that you would love for her to come along and you hope that she can find that 4th person to share a cabin with. ;)

THIS! I would tell her she needs to get her own cabin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've been on the trundle, the pull down bed, and the regular bed. I've never had a bad nights sleep. The pull down bed was pretty awesome actually. I'm 45 and we never had bunk beds when I was growing up. Only negative was getting up in the middle of the night for the bathroom.

Great points by all! I feel much more comfortable with the idea of possibly changing rooms to accommodate friend #3 (it's a large group cruise in celebration of a completely different friend and our room is currently the only one where the inhabitants aren't married and wanting "alone time" ;) ). Yes, ideally, she'll choose to come AND will find someone to share a room with her so friend #2 and I can keep our awesome 4J, but I'm not going to be the one to tell her that if not, she can't come (she surely can't afford a private room). In the end, we are going to be spending most of our time enjoying each other's company while exploring warm, sunny locals. I was just worried about my sleeping spot, but it sounds like there is no need for that. No matter where I end up, Carnival's got me covered :D

Did you book Early Saver? Because as previously mentioned, if you did, you can't downgrade and since a 4J is the highest category, you will need to move to an OV. Although it may depend on who you talk to. Some people have said they were able to move down within the group (inside to inside) while others say they couldn't. So I'm not real sure about that. ES states no downgrading allowed. Guess it could be up for interpretation.

At least you won't have to worry about a bunk because the 3rd bed will be the top of the sofa with the cushions removed.

Here is an OV. Lot more space anyway.

cc4e0ba0917196748206022d1da455c8.jpg

5d5c76627c63ba44a4de1388b6e424f3.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife