Trying to decide between 2 Journeys Cruises (Breeze and Miracle)

tallylass2

Looking for feedback on two itineraries. Both are 14 days. One is a Panama Canal (partial transit) on the Miracle out of Tampa. The other is a Southern Caribbean out of Canaveral on the Breeze. Same time of year (November or Decemeber).

Here are the ports for PC Partial (Miracle):

Cozumel

Limon

Partial Transit

Cartagena

Aruba

Curacao

Ochos Rios

Here are the Southern Caribbean (Breeze):

St. Thomas

Antigua

St. Lucia

Grenada

Barbados

St. Maarten

Tortola

San Juan

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for feedback on two itineraries. Both are 14 days. One is a Panama Canal (partial transit) on the Miracle out of Tampa. The other is a Southern Caribbean out of Canaveral on the Breeze. Same time of year (November or Decemeber).

Cozumel

Limon

Partial Transit

Cartagena

Aruba

Curacao

Ochos Rios

St. Thomas

Antigua

St. Lucia

Grenada

Barbados

St. Maarten

Tortola

San Juan

We almost booked the Miracle but did not want to spend the whole day in the locks. And then we noticed the Breeze and booked it. We also just found out when the Breeze goes into dry dock in April it will get the new Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ. So for us it was a win win situation.

Cozumel

Limon

Partial Transit

Cartagena

Aruba

Curacao

Ochos Rios

St. Thomas

Antigua

St. Lucia

Grenada

Barbados

St. Maarten

Tortola

San Juan

Either look excellent. I would book the one where you have been to the fewest ports. IF that is a tie, the I would look at the feel of the cruise. Breeze is a glorified island hopper - lots of beach day kinda ports. Miracle is going to be more exotic with Limon, Canal and Cartagena. While I would love the Beese, I would likely chose the Miracle for that reason.

Do you have a "bucket list"? Is either cruise on your "bucket list"?

Going through the Panama Canal was on our "bucket list" of places we wanted to go, also Costa Rico. It was awesome! Our cruise was only a partial also, but we booked a tour that took us through all of the locks & we ended up on the pacific side & returned by bus.

Both cruises look great! :)

Cozumel

Limon

Partial Transit

Cartagena

Aruba

Curacao

Ochos Rios

St. Thomas

Antigua

St. Lucia

Grenada

Barbados

St. Maarten

Tortola

San Juan

Having been on both ships, you can't go wrong either way. The Miracle was our first Carnival cruise and we LOVED it. I like the décor and the layout. We have been on the Breeze twice. I liked the ship a lot but not as much as the Miracle. I would go on either again and if you have never done the PC, it is a treat! But, no wrong decision.

Both cruises are great but if you have never cruised on a Spirit class ship I would recommend the cruise on the Miracle. The ports and the partial transit of the canal will make it a memorable cruise. I love Cartagena and it was one of those ports that you read some scary reviews about and I debated getting off of the ship. I'm so glad I did because it turned into one of my most favorite.

I was booked on the Miracle and switched to the Breeze. I had a few reasons: a) we LOVE the Breeze and she is a newer ship with more bells and whistles, b) the Breeze itinerary had more new ports for us to visit, and c) the Breeze is over our anniversary.

If I could, I would totally do both cruises! Hahaha a Panama Canal transit is on my cruise bucket list, but for the time being the Breeze was the better option for us.

If you go with the Breeze....see you onboard. :) Whichever you choose, have a fantastic time!!

I would book the Miracle because it is my favorite ship in the fleet! The size, layout (2 pools forward, one aft), service and food are amazing. Miracle is part of the Spirit class, which has more space per passenger than any of the other classes within the Carnival fleet. There may be more bells and whistles on other ships, but I do not cruise to eat burgers and tacos. You can always find a seat in the show lounge or the comedy club. There are so many plusses to sailing on Miracle. We board her again in a week and a half and can't wait!

I would book the Miracle because it is my favorite ship in the fleet! The size, layout (2 pools forward, one aft), service and food are amazing. Miracle is part of the Spirit class, which has more space per passenger than any of the other classes within the Carnival fleet. There may be more bells and whistles on other ships, but I do not cruise to eat burgers and tacos. You can always find a seat in the show lounge or the comedy club. There are so many plusses to sailing on Miracle. We board her again in a week and a half and can't wait!

I love Spirit class ships. :) I've spent 21 days on the Pride and LOVE the layout and size. Now with her 2.0 upgrades she's awesome!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Does the Miracle still have the ugly "grape" lights in the dining room? That was the only thing I didn't care for. We sailed her in 2006.

The Miracle is my favorite of the ships I've been on, too EXCEPT for the ugly grapes in the MDR. I wish they'd make more Spirit class ships. There were so many nice places to hang out on the ship and the Serenity area is the best, especially having a whole pool that kids can't use.

That's a tough one! Don't think you could go wrong with either one depending on which itinerary you may have already hit certain ports. Good luck but I'd do the Breeze and wait for a full transit of the canal if that's something you are interested in.