Caye Caulker on our own

Tammylyne

Janice, thank you for your reply back. That is something to really check on. I'm sure my son didn't know anything about the Belizer's at that time of the year, which would really make a big difference.

So where would we get the San Pedro Express? Will this go to Caye Caulker? We don't want to go to San Pedro. How close is it to the Caye Caulker Belize Express that I mentioned? You called this Ocean Ferry, but the picture does not have that name on the building, only what I said, unless it is an old picture of the building by the swing bridge.

Yes, it is to be this next Tuesday, so hopefully we will be able to get one that works for us.

Brown Sugar is right next to the Tourist Village in Belize City. SP Express goes to Caye Caulker, as well as San Pedro and even to Mexico from San Pedro. You walk out of the TV and turn left to go to Brown Sugar.

It has to be an old picture because the ferry company you are talking about has been called Ocean Ferry for at least a year if not two. It was called Caye Caulker Water Taxi prior to that. I just looked at the pictures that you were referencing and these are definitely San Pedro Express Water Taxi, which is at Brown Sugar. The other boats are mainly white with blue signs, not the yellow and green.

If you ask anyone where Brown Sugar is, you can't miss it. There is a restaurant between the TV and a block or so to Brown Sugar. If you see Spoonerzz you have gone too far.

Good luck.

Janice

Thank you Janice for your advise.

You may/may not know this. If we are going to Brown Sugar, is it the same direction of the swing bridge, or the other direction?

Is the Tourist Village there as soon as you get off the tender, or do you walk a block or two?

I am changing some of my notes that I had typed up, so that is why I'm asking these questions.:)

I have never been inside the tourist village because I never have my passport with me when I am in the city and they won't let me in. I think that you get off the tenders right inside the TV because they do not want you fratinizing with any locals. You go out the gates like to take a tour, turn left and you should get to Brown Sugar before you get to the swing bridge. Ask anyone where Brown Sugar is and they will direct you. You are not but a couple of blocks away.

Have a good time.

Janice

Wish we could have gone last week, but because our time was so limited (we were told it takes an hour just to get there) we wound up at a man made beach which was OK. Actually we got a good deal with the driver taking us to this beach and picking us up, and only $10 to get in. It would have cost $28 just to ride the ferry to Caye Calker. We were out $2 more, but we made it back to the ship in plenty of time, as we did not want to MISS IT. :)