First Time sailing Norwegian

RunyanOnDaBeach

If you choose the star just be aware you probably won't make any ports!!!

The ship itself is enjoyable

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We have sailed on the Star twice before and we have another cruise booked on her next year. The short shafts on all Azipod system cause a great deal of pressure on the thrust bearings and they need frequent maintenance and repairs The Star will soon be completely fit and you can warn people off whatever ship is currently having issues at that time.

We have sailed on the Star twice before and we have another cruise booked on her next year. The short shafts on all Azipod system cause a great deal of pressure on the thrust bearings and they need frequent maintenance and repairs The Star will soon be completely fit and you can warn people off whatever ship is currently having issues at that time.

8 consecutive cruises have been affected so tell that to the 16,000 people who missed out ... not to mention the various problems the year before.

I make no apology for my comment... just like NCL have made no effort to respond to my enquiries.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

So now the STAR is floating at sea with no propulsion and will be docked for 5 days! Sounds like a pleasant cruise as well. Again NCL gave no offer to cancel cruise beforehand despite dealing with same problems for almost 2 months and having dealt with it only 12 months earlier. They are also refusing to offer cancellations to the upcoming sailings despite cancelling the starting port (Brisbane) for one cruise and acknowledging the unlikelihood of making the start date on the next cruise (Auckland) as well by offering flight coupons to those due to fly out of that port.

Yep - all sounds like reasonable and fair management by NCL ... but at least your 2 cruises were good so why should anyone else complain ... right? :rolleyes:

I too am trying NCL Epic for the first time in March. The perks were jut too good to pass up. I switch back and forth between RCI and CCL, but really looking forward to trying the studio cabin on the Epic. Excited to try something new.v I have my dining and shows reserved already.

Any tips on embarkation?

Agree - perks and prices very attractive....especially since DH and I have paid a lot of $ for RCL. We are considering NCL for the 1st time in Oct. The pool area on NCL isn't as big as we like, but we can overlook that based on all the perks.