Quick Question Re: Edge Signups

slightlysilly

We received our cruise document booklet a week or two ago, and I noticed that it doesn't say anything about my son (age 13) being signed up for the Edge. I looked at the booklet for our last two cruises and it does say that he was signed up, but he was age 11 and then 12 at the time.

Does that stop when we hit age 13 because he is no longer in that Edge/Lab hybrid age? or should I expect to have to sign him up when we board? I remember signing him up online for the past two cruises, but I don't remember it being an option when checking in and reserving activities this time.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by slightlysilly

We received our cruise document booklet a week or two ago, and I noticed that it doesn't say anything about my son (age 13) being signed up for the Edge. I looked at the booklet for our last two cruises and it does say that he was signed up, but he was age 11 and then 12 at the time.

Does that stop when we hit age 13 because he is no longer in that Edge/Lab hybrid age? or should I expect to have to sign him up when we board? I remember signing him up online for the past two cruises, but I don't remember it being an option when checking in and reserving activities this time.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, at ages 11 & 12 he's still eligible for Oceaneer's and they require signing up. Edge is come and go as they wish, they don't have to sign in and out.

Once onboard, he just needs to go to Edge and I believe it's a sticker they add to his KTTW card.

There is no advance sign up for the Edge or Vibe. The CMs will have a list of all the kids of the appropriate age who are booked on the ship. On the first day, the kid (with or without parent, but they do rather like to see an adult on day 1) will go to the area and verify that their cabin number is correct. It has varied with signing or placing a check mark on their form. This just assures that they send any invitations or notices to the correct cabin and gives the staff an idea of the number of kids who have expressed an interest in participating.

From there, the kids come and go as they please. That's part of the idea of seeing the adult on day 1--they want to be sure that the adult understands that the CMs will be responsible ONLY when the kid is in the area and that the kid can leave any time they choose.

Re Shmoo's comment above--my daughter never had a sticker placed on her KTTW card. If that is a current thing, it is new. She also never had to show her KTTW card for any purpose while in the programming.

Edited by moki'smommy