Brilliance MDR service

While we're waiting for recent Brilliance cruisers, I'm curious about what constitutes slow service in the MDR. On the (only) three ships we've sailed, two-hour dinner service was the norm. Just asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While we're waiting for recent Brilliance cruisers, I'm curious about what constitutes slow service in the MDR. On the (only) three ships we've sailed, two-hour dinner service was the norm. Just asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm referring to the time it took to get something that was requested, not just the meal. Such as asking for a soda, glass of wine, water refill, etc. Just seemed very disorganized and slow.

Any recent cruisers on the Brilliance who would like to offer feedback on MDR service? Last Jan when I sailed, dining room service was ridiculously slow, and consistently every evening. Wondering if it's any better.

We were a party of two in MTD on Brilliance for a total of 23 days since last October, most recently last week. Our service was excellent. Longest wait for a table was 4-5 minutes, and we arrived between 6:30pm and 7:15pm.

Last Jan when I sailed, dining room service was ridiculously slow, and consistently every evening. Wondering if it's any better.

This is mainly a reflection of your waiter and has little to do with the ship. Someone a few tables away on the same sailing could have great service. If you are unsatisfied, you need to speak up then.

We were a party of two in MTD on Brilliance for a total of 23 days since last October, most recently last week. Our service was excellent. Longest wait for a table was 4-5 minutes, and we arrived between 6:30pm and 7:15pm.

Isn't that a wonderful ship Bob?:)

This is mainly a reflection of your waiter and has little to do with the ship. Someone a few tables away on the same sailing could have great service. If you are unsatisfied, you need to speak up then.

Yes, I suspect this is correct. Unfortunately even though I commented on the slow service several times, they still did not bring my glass of wine any quicker... ;)

It's the only "bad" experience I've had, so I will assume the odds of getting similar service is relatively low.

Unfortunately even though I commented on the slow service several times, they still did not bring my glass of wine any quicker... ;)

The waiter can't really help speeding up the drinks. With the advent of drink packages, there's less incentive for drinks to be delivered promptly.:rolleyes:

I'm referring to the time it took to get something that was requested, not just the meal. Such as asking for a soda, glass of wine, water refill, etc. Just seemed very disorganized and slow.

Ah, so that is bar service, except for the water. My understanding is they have to go to the nearest bar to get that for you, which also leads to longer waits for water, etc while the waiters are standing at the bar. I suggest YOU stop at the bar on the way to the DR and bring your drink with you. My last RC cruise, I always walked into the DR with 2 glasses of wine in my hands. :D

Ah, so that is bar service, except for the water. My understanding is they have to go to the nearest bar to get that for you, which also leads to longer waits for water, etc while the waiters are standing at the bar. I suggest YOU stop at the bar on the way to the DR and bring your drink with you. My last RC cruise, I always walked into the DR with 2 glasses of wine in my hands. :D

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. And great advice. I will take your suggestion. :)