Pinnacle Grill reservations prior to cruise?

jimbug

It was just brought to my attention that it is possible to make our Pinnacle Grill reservations prior to our March cruise. In your experience, is it worthwhile to go ahead and do so beforehand? Or do you still usually have your pick of dining times if you wait till once onboard? Also, if you do make reservations now, do you pay the surcharge up front on a credit card?

Thanks!

They put it on your charge card when you make the reservation.

Embarkation night it's half price, two-for-one or whatever you choose to call it...................$10. each.:)

We call and make one before we leave but I've never seen many people in the Pinnacle so there's not been a problem getting reservations.

Others may have something different to say from other ships, however.:confused:

Enjoy!!

We made reservations in July for our cruise next week for the first night and got the time we wanted and it is already paid for. No problem at all when I called customer services, they readily accepted our request. Now all we is the waiting - 14 days, did I mention we got documents too this week.

When I called last week they told me that you can not make a reservation before boarding and that the policy has changed. Please let me know if you were able to make a reservation! Thanks.

Is yours a gift from your TA or a group perk? That is our situation and I was not able to make the reservation since any purchases from Ship Services(as this) is billed to your credit card. I plan to make reservations shortly upon boarding.

Marie

I made our reservation for the Pinnacle this past Monday for our 1/21/06 cruise on the Oosterdam. I had originally asked for 7pm, but they called back and asked if we could do 7:30 since we needed a table for 4. So, evidently a lot of people have already pre-booked.

After I booked our cruise with an online agency, I called HAL direct and made Pinnacle Grill reservations for first night. We waited until boarding last year and they were already full for the evening. The charge was on my credit card separate from the cruise. I didn't get any confirmation from HAL, but expect we'll have a card on the desk in the cabin with that. Also, we wanted to change the dining time and table size we got from the TA and the HAL ship services person said she'd be glad to change that at the same time. No hassles and we won't have to visit the maitre d' after boarding. Well worth the call!

Does Hal usually send a confirmation when you booked the Pinnacle other than just charging it to your card? As I said we have booked and been charged but did not receive a confirmation. I am not concerned because we will bring the charge receipt for proof.

We made reservations yesterday for our 1/28 cruise on the Oosterdam.

1-800-541-1576

Larry,

Which nite did you book? We'll dine there at least once (maybe more if they re-instate the freestyle dining plan) but haven't decided on a nite yet. Our anniversary is second nite out (1st formal).

77 days but who's counting?

Does Hal usually send a confirmation when you booked the Pinnacle other than just charging it to your card?
We've never gotten one. The charge on the credit card bill has been confirmation enough for me. And the reservation cards (one for each of us) are in the cabin when we arrive.

When we dined on Oosterdam last month, we didn't see more than a dozen or so folks at the Pinnacle, and the ship was sold out. In fact, I think the staff outnumbered patrons that night -- around 7:30PM.

When we dined on Oosterdam last month, we didn't see more than a dozen or so folks at the Pinnacle, and the ship was sold out. In fact, I think the staff outnumbered patrons that night -- around 7:30PM.

Larry,

Which nite did you book? We'll dine there at least once (maybe more if they re-instate the freestyle dining plan) but haven't decided on a nite yet. Our anniversary is second nite out (1st formal).

77 days but who's counting?

We booked the first night for four and the fifth night .

Thanks for the answers, guys! Since we are going to dine there the first night (1/2 off :-)) and the second formal night, I will probably go ahead and make our reservations in advance to ensure we get the times we want.

Archived