Dawn Aft Balcony

ALS1214

I remember reading about there were some awesome aft balconies on the Dawn and some to avoid at all cost. what has your experience been? Is the motion bad? I usually book mid ship but love to stare at the wake and relax.

Deck 10 does have awesome aft balconies. We'll be sitting on ours in just a couple of weeks! There's room for 2 loungers and a table, maybe even a couple of chairs - with room left over to stand. It is half covered, but the spa is overhead so it is private and quiet. Deck 9 has smaller balconies and 8 is noisy.

Deck 10 does have awesome aft balconies. We'll be sitting on ours in just a couple of weeks! There's room for 2 loungers and a table, maybe even a couple of chairs - with room left over to stand. It is half covered, but the spa is overhead so it is private and quiet. Deck 9 has smaller balconies and 8 is noisy.

How far in advance did you book your cabin? There aren't many of these aft balconies and the cruises I look at are showing as sold out.

This will be our third Valentine's Day in the same aft cabin with our good friends in the suite next door. We have been booking as soon as they open up (1 1/2 - 2 years in advance)! We're not booked for next year - we're contemplating a different adventure. But it is a spectacular place to live for a week!

There have been a couple of times when our group of friends had 8 of the aft balconies and suites booked - what a party!

We absolutely LOVE the aft on Deck 10, on the Jewel Class we have had cabin 10666 numerous times and on the Dawn 10728 but then we normally have to book a year in advance to get our cabin. We will be sailing on the Dawn in about 6 weeks We were originally booked the week prior to go on the Pearl in 10666 but about months ago we realized that it was going to give me a work conflict with vacation days so canceled and moved to the Dawn. Problem was our favorite location which is 10728 was gone so had to take 10228. We are going to be so darn turned around, bed on the wrong side I believe that even the toilet and the shower will be opposite :eek: I just hope I go to the right place when I need to get up in the middle of the night :D

As for movement, really the aft/stern of the ship really has very little movement, trust me I get motion sickness easily and love being in the aft. NCL ships are some of the best for little to no movement :)

• 5 months later...
This will be our third Valentine's Day in the same aft cabin with our good friends in the suite next door. We have been booking as soon as they open up (1 1/2 - 2 years in advance)! We're not booked for next year - we're contemplating a different adventure. But it is a spectacular place to live for a week!

There have been a couple of times when our group of friends had 8 of the aft balconies and suites booked - what a party!

What, you are not booked for next year? :eek: Haven't been around here for awhile but I thought it was time for me to join up for another cruise.

What, you are not booked for next year? :eek: Haven't been around here for awhile but I thought it was time for me to join up for another cruise.

We're going all inclusive in Puerto Vallarta - email me and join our fun!