Scooters and Studio Cabins

CruisingBuzzMan

Has anyone booked a studio cabin and taken a mobility scooter with them?

I am curious about where you parked your scooter. Do you have to put it in your cabin? Seems to me there would be no room to park a scooter in the room. Any info would be appreciated.

I am booked in a studio in April on the Getaway.

Thanks,

Buzz

Scooters are required to be stored in your cabin when not in use. SOLAS prohibts them from being left in hallways or elsewhere.

Do the math on the square footage of a studio to see if it will fit (plus through the door). It likely won't.

Thanks for your reply,

When I booked this cruise I was told that arrangements would be made, I am just curious if anyone else has traveled with one and what arrangements were made. I was thinking that I might be able to park it in the studio lounge, but not sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Robert, glad you got the upgrade. Did they say if it was one of the 27 handicap accessible rooms?

I will be traveling on the getaway on april 16 also. Looking forward to seeing all of you on this cruise.

Mary

Scooters are required to be stored in your cabin when not in use. SOLAS prohibts them from being left in hallways or elsewhere.

Do the math on the square footage of a studio to see if it will fit (plus through the door). It likely won't.

I don't know how well SOLAS rules are enforced but on my Epic cruise this scooter was in the hallway every single night, all night long.

2januh2.jpg