Breeze or Vista - who's been on both

douggw

Family with teenagers - we've been on several Carnival cruises, and went on Breeze Nov 2015. Loved the ship. Now kids are wanting to go on Vista. I was all for it, until I started reading reviews and seeing some negative ship reviews.

Anyone been on both? What's your opinion?

I'm even toying with the idea of trying an older ship such as Dream, Legend, etc that has mostly all good reviews.

Sail on Vista on March 5 so can't compare. Have been on Breeze, Dream, Miracle, Splendor and several of the Conquest class ships.

Was on Splendor this past October and thought she was a lovely ship and thoroughly enjoyed what was offered. There were many poor reviews about dirty ship, rude staff, etc. even for the exact cruise I was on. I was amazed at the number of poor reviews as I was ranking it as one of my favorite cruises (out of 11 on Carnival).

Point being.... don't let someone's poor review sway you. Only YOU can decide if you like the ship or not.

I too have seen poor views of the Vista. Not going to keep me from having a grand time!!

I've been on both. Just off the Vista 2 weeks ago.

Assuming you can book a good fare, for teens, I think there's a bit more to do on the Vista. Ropes (also on the Breeze), sky ride, foozball. Outdoor things. Large arcade.

My dislikes with the Vista are more structural---small spa, smaller men's locker room facilities, etc.. Missed the glass elevators running down the atrium. Seated dining in Reservations on first night was all wrong, went to Bonsai Sushi. Ended up in Upper Horizon. YTDining appears to operate off ticket system and ticket desk is hidden next to Java Café. Future cruise desk isn't for all practical purposes-open only on occasion and person there takes breaks in the middle of operating hours.

But liked: all the food options--Bonsai Sushi, JiJi's, Capitano, Steakhouse, Sea Food Shack. Blue Iguana burritos. Pig and Anchor BBQ on sea days (stick with the chicken and the pork--sausages were mediocre and brisket very fatty), Serenity deck salads. Alchemy Bar and sports bar (not for teens, LOL).

Red Frog Pub craft brews (another one for Dad). Java Café. PIXELS!! Carnival Hub-Social. Serenity deck. Havana deck looks great but not open to non- Havana deck cabin cruisers. Not sure if teens are allowed in booked rooms, but this would be my choice of cabins if we sail on the Vista again.

I've been on both as well. The Vista this past December and the Breeze last April. We had an aft wrap havana room on the Vista All guests have to be at least 12 to book there. We had an extended aft on the Breeze. Overall they both feel like almost the same ship with a little more to do on the Vista but all the public spaces feel way more crowded. We were so happy we booked the havana area to avoid the crowd. When we went to get lunch on lido we couldn't wait to get back to the havana area. The Breeze was great. Didn't feel overly crowded in public spaces. Had a great time on both. Staff nice on both. It's what you make of it.

I would book either one again. Depending on the price. If it was a reasonable difference I would book the Vista again for the havana area. The pool was empty most of the time.

Edited by Purple723

We have also done both...

I would suggest to not worry to much about the bad reviews. in 20+ cruises we have never really had a cruise that was bad enough for me to write about some of the things that people write in these reviews.

The Vista has more to offer, but only a little bit. And a lot of what teenagers would want to do are the things that have some bad lines...

I probably would do the Vista, ( as we are sailing on her again in April) before I did the Breeze, but I dont think you can go wrong with either.

We have been on both. Just sailed Vista on Jan 14-22. I'm going to respond by think from a kids point of view. The Vista has more to do for kids/teenagers (ropes, sky ride, pool table, bowling game etc...). Teenage food hangouts are the same on both ships burgers tacos pizza etc...Now from an adult seasoned cruiser the breeze hands down would be the one I would pick based on the public space layout, storage in cabins, total access to the ship at all times(Havana deck area is closed to general public durning the day). Poor reviews of the Vista are justified. Conclusion, booking from an adults POV Breeze booking from a teenagers POV Vista.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I were just on the Vista in November and loved it. I do not understand the bad reviews. The Breeze is a beautiful ship also and I think more children friendly. We liked both ships but prefer the Vista because children were not allowed in the Havana are. I have been on 20+ cruises and have an issue with parents allowing their children to run up and down the hallways. Definitely no home training? The Vista was so nice and quiet in the Havana area. They did open up the pool and hot tub area at 7pm to all the guests but really think with the prices you pay for a Havana cabin, the area back there should be solely for the Havana cabin guests. We had an aft wrap cabin and while sitting out on our balcony we did notice that when they opened up the area to all guests, some of the teenagers were really taking over the hot tubs and making a huge mess. Several Carnival employees came out and told them they had to leave because of the mess. Like I said, "no home training".

We've sailed both with our teenage sons. I wouldn't worry about bad reviews for Vista - we really enjoyed sailing her. Our sons had plenty to do. I fact, since we were on such a port-intensive cruise (the Med) they didn't have nearly the chance to experience all she has to offer. My thought on Vista is that they tried to cram too many things aboard with not enough room. But DH and I loved the Deck 5 outdoors area.

• 4 months later...

We will be on the Breeze in August and were just on the Vista for a wonderful 8 night cruise in January. We absolutely loved the Vista. We'd sail on her again, but chose the Breeze because it was so much cheaper and gets great reviews. Don't listen to bad reviews of the Vista. I am so confused about why people are knocking it in reviews. It was the best ship we'd ever been on. I highly recommend it if you're willing to pay the extra cost to sail on her.

We've been on the Vista 3 times and 4 times on the Breeze.

The Breeze is still our favorite ship for lots of reasons even though we love both.

My teenaged son likes the club on the Breeze much better. I love the Breeze for the better spa, the larger comedy club, the Tandoor station, atrium and I can go on and on :)

We've been on both.

I'd say Vista was better...BUT...we had a Havana cabin with exclusive access to Havana pool area. Nothing like that on Breeze.

Both cruise were fantastic, and both in Europe.

Been on both.....The Vista has all the bells and whistles, and people, and a small main theatre......The Breeze has most of the same but less people and bigger theatre. You can't lose!

I agree with all that has been said. We sailed on both Breeze and Vista in an outside cabin. Both are basically the same except for storage area. Vista has less but does have large screen tv. Love the hub app for keeping track of other member of party. Loved being able to view photos on the hub app. Enjoyed the Imax theatre and open outside areas on deck five.

If someone could comment on their MDR experience on the Vista. We felt the staff was very rushed. If we ordered soup and salad or appetizer both were delivered to the table together. I didn't feel like I had the typical dining experience. Not much interaction with servers until next to last night when they suddenly become friendly.

We have also been on both - the Breeze twice. You can't go wrong with either. The Vista holds the winning card though due to the Havana area. We had a HC Suite and loved it and the whole Havana thing. It was never crowded and it was so conveniently located.

I don't understand the bad reviews that the Vista got. Our only complaint was the bar service was a little slow but who cares in the end!!

We have been on bothe Breeze and the Vista and loved all our cruises on both.

Yes, there have been some negative reviews of the Vista but then the reviews for the new ships are always more critical. Could it be that expectations are higher when a ship first comes out?

The one thing that I did notice on both my Vista cruises is that Carnival did not put their best staff on her in her inaugural season. Usually when a new ship sets sail, she sails with the best staff. On the Vista, the key positions of HD, CD, GSM , and Maitre'd had some of their best but they had a mixture of experienced and not so experienced crew on our cruises. Now that she is in her second season and staff and crew come and go, it may be like other ships. May e the reviews will be mire mixed now?

Also, the demographics of passengers change from cruise to cruise and that has a huge effect on your perception of your cruise and the ship.

We did two b2b's this year. 13 days and 7 days on the Pride in January. It felt like we were on 2 different ships.

In February, we were b2b on the Sunshine. 8 days followed by 5 days. The 5 days had a holiday Monday plus it was a shorter cruise. Many younger passengers and children and so it seemed like a different ship. Even more so than the difference we noted on the Pride in January.

You should go on a ship and judge for yourself if you like it or not. We all have priorities and not everyone has the same expectations or perceptions.