Share your experiences: waiting for a tender with a toddler?

ASBJumper

Hi all,

Just wondering what kind of experiences you all have had trying to get off an RCI ship to take a tender while having a toddler in tow?

I honestly thought it would be a "first in line, first on the tender" type situation - and we have no problems getting up super early to make that happen if need be.. but i'm hearing stories about how people with RCI excursion groups are given priority.

How does it work to get on the tenders? If we (in theory) showed up with DD at 7:45-8am, would we be looking at a super long wait in line to get on a tender? Is it realistic to expect to be able to reach the dock by 9 am?

What time are you scheduled to be arriving? If it is say 8:00 then 9:00 may be a stretch. Ships tours as well as those that get priority tenders will get on the first few tenders then yes you may have a long line up. Usually one tender is loading and another is waiting to pull in after it but it is a bit of a slow and steady process. Also which port? Some have short tender rides and some are longer like Belize as the ships sit a fair distance out due to shallower water.

What time are you scheduled to be arriving? If it is say 8:00 then 9:00 may be a stretch. Ships tours as well as those that get priority tenders will get on the first few tenders then yes you may have a long line up. Usually one tender is loading and another is waiting to pull in after it but it is a bit of a slow and steady process. Also which port? Some have short tender rides and some are longer like Belize as the ships sit a fair distance out due to shallower water.

Yeah, 8 am unfortunately. :(

It's in Grand Cayman. Seems like they do this all the time, though, (the tour company), so I assume they're used to the routine?

Yeah, 8 am unfortunately. :(

It's in Grand Cayman. Seems like they do this all the time, though, (the tour company), so I assume they're used to the routine?

Yes they are used to it. Private tour I gather, you could send them an email as a heads up just in case. Have fun!!!