Aft or hump cabins in RCI ships?

Dorie7

Dori: I pick the aft for the same reason as mom does. Bigger balconies and quieter then the midship. Sure it does have it pros and cons.

Longer walks to the stairs elevators. Gotta keep the curtains closed during the day to keep the sunout of the cabin--keep it cool. But it is quiet back there and the views are aamzing. I can see both sides--not just one. And on the aft I can have a lounge chair --on the side we couldnt.

I choose aft because my favorite thing to do on a cruise is relax and watch the wake. I love how the water gets churned up and turns a million vibrant shades of blue. If I am not sailing in an aft cabin, I find myself drawn to the aft of the ship anyway, in search of that mesmorizing view! :D

We prefer the hump. The balocny is a lot larger in the aft, however it was too large for 2 people. It took away from seeing the water while sitting or laying in bed. I love waking up in the morning and seeing the water go by before I get up. The hump is directly mid ship and the views are excellent. I always kinda felt I was missing something leaving or going into port looking out the back of the ship.

Archived