Christmas Gifts

Tess2mommies

Dear SO wants to bring wrapped Christmas gifts on our cruise, I rather wait until we get back but we did that last year and she hated it! Is it possible to have a suitcase full of wrapped gifts or is it like the airport and not allowed?

One of my major issues is that all the gifts cannot fit in the safe, and I've seen things grow legs and walk before from a ships cabin.

Thank you,

What we always do on Christmas cruises is take Pictures of the gift and put them in colored envelopes and arrange them under our "brought from home" psuedo Christmas tree (you have to use some imagination here)

Then on Christmas morning we open the envelopes and see what we are getting, when we get home the "real thing" is waiting for us.

Ed/Jeff

It is not like the airport, although anything in a carry-on could be subject to being opened, so put them in the suitcase.

Two other options:

1. Nice things, very nice things, come in small packages. As in when asked what she wanted for Christmas my aunt always replied, "Oh, any little ol' thing will do.....diamonds, rubies, emeralds, pearls, it doesn't matter to me".

2. If you have already purchased the "too big" items and are truly worried about them; take a photo of it and put the photo in a nice wrapped box. That way SO knows the gift, on Christmas day, since she won't do presents any other day, she just has to wait to actually use it. (She doesn't have EVERYTHING her way does she?):p

Since we're leaving home on 12/23, we'll exchange some of the bigger things at home the weekend before. We'll be on the Caribbean Princess on Christmas day and plan to exchange just small stuff that day.

There will be 5 of us, my husband, me, and our three sons (2 adult, 1 preteen). So we have no Santa stuff to deal with, just personal gifts to each other. We're thinking about things like gift cards, books (we take them on cruises anyway), possibly an I-Pod for the pre-teen (small but expensive and we hope he doesn't lose it :eek: ).

Regarding wrapping, I'll probably just bring gift bags and tissue paper, it makes it so much easier.

We cruised last Christmas as well and did wrap in our statroom the night before. More work than I want to do on a cruise - this year we'll make it even simpler.

It's getting closer and closer, just writing this got me excited about cruising - I can't wait.

I've already wrapped some of the gifts and it took 30 minutes to wrap each gift (I'm really bad at wrapping). I might bring an item or two and make her wait until we get back.

Thanks everyone.

Since we're leaving home on 12/23, we'll exchange some of the bigger things at home the weekend before. We'll be on the Caribbean Princess on Christmas day and plan to exchange just small stuff that day.

There will be 5 of us, my husband, me, and our three sons (2 adult, 1 preteen). So we have no Santa stuff to deal with, just personal gifts to each other. We're thinking about things like gift cards, books (we take them on cruises anyway), possibly an I-Pod for the pre-teen (small but expensive and we hope he doesn't lose it :eek: ).

Regarding wrapping, I'll probably just bring gift bags and tissue paper, it makes it so much easier.

We cruised last Christmas as well and did wrap in our statroom the night before. More work than I want to do on a cruise - this year we'll make it even simpler.

It's getting closer and closer, just writing this got me excited about cruising - I can't wait.

Archived